Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MTS2 Sims 2 Mesh Tool now available

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 2, 2005 10:38:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

This may be old news but thought I'd post it.

--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...


Posted by DelphyA 01-29-2005 at 08:10 PM
Hi All,

MTS2, in association with mad scientist productions and nearlylife
enterprises, are proud to present the public beta of the MTS2 Sims 2 Mesh
Tool.

With this program, you will be able to create brand new objects, as well as
modify existing ones. Please note that while the program has gone through
extensive beta testing, it is still a beta, and thus should be treated
accordingly.

A big thanks goes out to everybody in the closed beta for thier help and
dedication, and of course to Miche.

This is a standalone program, and works independately of your 3d package.
There are various publically available tools for conversion, but note that
we cannot help you with "How do I make a model?", "What 3d program should I
get?" and "How do I use this??". See the page for a tutorial.

The official MTS2 web page is: http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/
The official MTS2 forum is: http://modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Have fun, and enjoy

Regards
Delphy


begin 666 icon5.png
MB5!.1PT*&@H````-24A$4@````@````(" ,```#ST4ZY````*W1%6'1#<F5A
M=&EO;B!4:6UE`%1U92 R(%-E<" R,# S(#(P.C(Q.C$R("TP,# P$*WZ*@``
M``=T24U%!],)`A,:) &TI;?@````)<$A9<P``'L(``!["`6[0=3X````$9T%-
M00``L8\+_&$%````C5!,5$7.SLZ\O+R+BXMZ>GIY>7F*BHJ^OKZ"@H+AX>'5
MU=6CHZ-X>'C"PL*6EI;+R\O]_?W^_O[X^/CEY>6BHJ*3DY.)B8GT]/3____W
M]_?*RLI\?'R,C(SQ\?'\_/S0T-"!@8&<G)S,S,S[^_NNKJZ8F)C$Q,3#P\/N
M[N[L[.RTM+2#@X/&QL::FIJ/CX_%Q<65>#N!`````7123E,`0.;89@```$E)
M1$%4>-H-QD4"@" `!, %%;L#NS'!_S]/YC2 D$K)#Q#T.*_[>3$OG/-UV]'U
M.L,XH:QTZJ9%&,5)FN4%F$T<U_,#@%##M!A^^J %>>KM"A<`````245.1*Y"
"8((`
`
end

begin 666 smile.gif
M1TE&.#EA#P`/`.8``/__]?_]WO_^[O_K$?_L$O_L&O_L&__L'O_L(?_M(O_M
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M^?_^^O_^_O___P```/___P```````````````````````````"'Y! $``'@`
M+ `````/``\```>O@'B"@G>%A8.(>(5T56YK:8>(=W9S<FQJ:$M$/G>#=W5Q
M`E113DI"/#<RG8H`;X5,2$"%7RZ==W!N4X5&96.%+%L@A6T!4&=%9#DU,"I:
M'AB%4D]F0STX,UTI)!T7$85-24$[8F O)R(;%1!7A4<_=V$Q+28A&A-W#0BV
M.C9W*R4?,DBXP^# JCLTO' Q5&B!`0*K%*$8P<%"%BP*"@R(2.@.A0<.$EB)
)E$@1PT2!```[
`
end

More about : mts2 sims mesh tool

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 10:38:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

deb wrote:
> This may be old news but thought I'd post it.
>
>
==
Old or not, I missed it and was wondering when it happened as I have
been seeing new objects and have been quite excited about it! Thanks for
the post :) 
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:13:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

deb waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
tried again and came up with:
> This may be old news but thought I'd post it.

Once again, I'm proven right. The community produced a tool well before
Maxis/EA. Thanks for the heads-up! (Sigh) I wish my computer could run
TS2 - I'm finally getting TS2 envy, because everything is there now that I
need.

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
"The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
"The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
Mwahahaha!
Related resources
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 10:40:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Ohmikeghod wrote:
> deb waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
> tried again and came up with:
>> This may be old news but thought I'd post it.
>
> Once again, I'm proven right. The community produced a tool well
> before Maxis/EA. Thanks for the heads-up! (Sigh) I wish my computer
> could run TS2 - I'm finally getting TS2 envy, because everything is
> there now that I need.

Well, you'll have to upgrade like I did, but now you have a good reason to
do it. I had to buy 512MB of RDRAM for my Dell Dimension 8200. I didn't
upgrade the video card, still using the NVIDIA that came with it and it
proves to be ample. It was a big expense, hard to justify just for a game
in this household with our budget, but the additional RAM has been a good
thing for all of our computer work, so maybe it was just time I did it,
anyway.

Jeanie
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 10:40:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:k0aMd.43862$EG1.20831@attbi_s53...
> Ohmikeghod wrote:
>> deb waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
>> tried again and came up with:
>>> This may be old news but thought I'd post it.
>>
>> Once again, I'm proven right. The community produced a tool well
>> before Maxis/EA. Thanks for the heads-up! (Sigh) I wish my computer
>> could run TS2 - I'm finally getting TS2 envy, because everything is
>> there now that I need.
>
> Well, you'll have to upgrade like I did, but now you have a good
> reason to
> do it. I had to buy 512MB of RDRAM for my Dell Dimension 8200. I
> didn't
> upgrade the video card, still using the NVIDIA that came with it and
> it
> proves to be ample. It was a big expense, hard to justify just for a
> game
> in this household with our budget, but the additional RAM has been a
> good
> thing for all of our computer work, so maybe it was just time I did
> it,
> anyway.
>
> Jeanie
>
>
Jeanie, I also have a Dell Dimension 8200 & last year I bought 512 MB of
RDRAM.
Yes, it is expensive. I went ahead and bought a new video card too but
like you said,
it was time to upgrade, still cheaper than buying a new computer. LOL
I just got through buying and installing a DVD writer so hope that's
all for a while. The
original CD writer died a few months ago.

.............B
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:24:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Yes you where right !

whats your feeling about that ? if i may ask
and when do you think animations will be possible


sorry just curious for your opinion ;-)



"Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> schreef in bericht
news:he5Md.4606$cl1.4286@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> deb waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
> tried again and came up with:
> > This may be old news but thought I'd post it.
>
> Once again, I'm proven right. The community produced a tool well before
> Maxis/EA. Thanks for the heads-up! (Sigh) I wish my computer could run
> TS2 - I'm finally getting TS2 envy, because everything is there now that I
> need.
>
> --
> --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
> Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
> "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
> "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
> Mwahahaha!
>
>
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 3:13:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Drs. muts waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
(OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> Yes you where right !
>
> whats your feeling about that ? if i may ask
> and when do you think animations will be possible
>
> sorry just curious for your opinion ;-)

My feeling is that instead of making tools available, Maxis should be
working hand-in-hand with the community software developers to ensure that
tools work properly, especially for (and with) upcoming expansion packs.
That being said, I don't think it will ever happen - EA wants too badly to
keep things proprietary. My trust remains with the community, which can do
anything and everything necessary to completely customize the game.

As to animations - Since I have no idea what is necessary to do that kind of
work, I can't really provide a time line for it. I do know what it will
take, though. It will need an individual or group that is interested,
talented, and commited enough to do the work necessary. ...and those people
will be from the simming community, not Maxis/EA.

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
"The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
"The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
Mwahahaha!
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 5:52:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Thanks for your reply
And i can only say i agree completly
pitty that maxis didnt show any help
I think all the modders and websites and comunities made the sims ,a big
hit
Some apreciation would have been cool

sorry for wrong spelling


Greetings

"Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> schreef in bericht
news:j0eMd.4956$cl1.4503@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Drs. muts waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
> (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> > Yes you where right !
> >
> > whats your feeling about that ? if i may ask
> > and when do you think animations will be possible
> >
> > sorry just curious for your opinion ;-)
>
> My feeling is that instead of making tools available, Maxis should be
> working hand-in-hand with the community software developers to ensure that
> tools work properly, especially for (and with) upcoming expansion packs.
> That being said, I don't think it will ever happen - EA wants too badly to
> keep things proprietary. My trust remains with the community, which can
do
> anything and everything necessary to completely customize the game.
>
> As to animations - Since I have no idea what is necessary to do that kind
of
> work, I can't really provide a time line for it. I do know what it will
> take, though. It will need an individual or group that is interested,
> talented, and commited enough to do the work necessary. ...and those
people
> will be from the simming community, not Maxis/EA.
>
> --
> --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
> Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
> "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
> "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
> Mwahahaha!
>
>
!