MTS2 Sims 2 Mesh Tool now available

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

This may be old news but thought I'd post it.

--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by DelphyA 01-29-2005 at 08:10 PM
Hi All,

MTS2, in association with mad scientist productions and nearlylife
enterprises, are proud to present the public beta of the MTS2 Sims 2 Mesh
Tool.

With this program, you will be able to create brand new objects, as well as
modify existing ones. Please note that while the program has gone through
extensive beta testing, it is still a beta, and thus should be treated
accordingly.

A big thanks goes out to everybody in the closed beta for thier help and
dedication, and of course to Miche.

This is a standalone program, and works independately of your 3d package.
There are various publically available tools for conversion, but note that
we cannot help you with "How do I make a model?", "What 3d program should I
get?" and "How do I use this??". See the page for a tutorial.

The official MTS2 web page is: http://meshtool.modthesims2.com/
The official MTS2 forum is: http://modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Have fun, and enjoy

Regards
Delphy

begin 666 icon5.png
MB5!.1PT*&@H````-24A$4@````@````(" ,```#ST4ZY````*W1%6'1#<F5A
M=&EO;B!4:6UE`%1U92 R(%-E<" R,# S(#(P.C(Q.C$R("TP,# P$*WZ*@``
M``=T24U%!],)`A,:)&TI;?@````)<$A9<P``'L(``!["`6[0=3X````$9T%-
M00``L8\+_&$%````C5!,5$7.SLZ\O+R+BXMZ>GIY>7F*BHJ^OKZ"@H+AX>'5
MU=6CHZ-X>'C"PL*6EI;+R\O]_?W^_O[X^/CEY>6BHJ*3DY.)B8GT]/3____W
M]_?*RLI\?'R,C(SQ\?'\_/S0T-"!@8&<G)S,S,S[^_NNKJZ8F)C$Q,3#P\/N
M[N[L[.RTM+2#@X/&QL::FIJ/CX_%Q<65>#N!`````7123E,`0.;89@```$E)
M1$%4>-H-QD4"@" `!, %%;L#NS'!_S]/YC2 D$K)#Q#T.*_[>3$OG/-UV]'U
M.L,XH:QTZJ9%&,5)FN4%F$T<U_,#@%##M!A^^J %>>KM"A<`````245.1*Y"
"8((`
`
end

begin 666 smile.gif
M1TE&.#EA#P`/`.8``/__]?_]WO_^[O_K$?_L$O_L&O_L&__L'O_L(?_M(O_M
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MKO_XL?_ZQ?_ZR/_[T__Z/_]Z?_]ZO_][/_^]/_^]__]\?_^
M^?_^^O_^_O___P```/___P```````````````````````````"'Y! $``'@`
M+ `````/``\```>O@'B"@G>%A8.(>(5T56YK:8>(=W9S<FQJ:$M$/G>#=W5Q
M`E113DI"/#<RG8H`;X5,2$"%7RZ==W!N4X5&96.%+%L@A6T!4&=%9#DU,"I:
M'AB%4D]F0STX,UTI)!T7$85-24$[8F O)R(;%1!7A4<_=V$Q+28A&A-W#0BV
M.C9W*R4?,DBXP^# JCLTO' Q5&B!`0*K%*$8P<%"%BP*"@R(2.@.A0<.$EB)
)E$@1PT2!```[
`
end
7 answers Last reply
More about mts2 sims mesh tool available
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    deb wrote:
    > This may be old news but thought I'd post it.

    ==
    Old or not, I missed it and was wondering when it happened as I have
    been seeing new objects and have been quite excited about it! Thanks for
    the post :)

    deb waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
    tried again and came up with:
    > This may be old news but thought I'd post it.

    Once again, I'm proven right. The community produced a tool well before
    Maxis/EA. Thanks for the heads-up! (Sigh) I wish my computer could run
    TS2 - I'm finally getting TS2 envy, because everything is there now that I
    need.

    --
    --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

    Ohmikeghod wrote:
    > deb waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
    > tried again and came up with:
    >> This may be old news but thought I'd post it.
    >
    > Once again, I'm proven right. The community produced a tool well
    > before Maxis/EA. Thanks for the heads-up! (Sigh) I wish my computer
    > could run TS2 - I'm finally getting TS2 envy, because everything is
    > there now that I need.

    Well, you'll have to upgrade like I did, but now you have a good reason to
    do it. I had to buy 512MB of RDRAM for my Dell Dimension 8200. I didn't
    upgrade the video card, still using the NVIDIA that came with it and it
    proves to be ample. It was a big expense, hard to justify just for a game
    in this household with our budget, but the additional RAM has been a good
    thing for all of our computer work, so maybe it was just time I did it,
    anyway.

    Jeanie

    > Ohmikeghod wrote:
    >> deb waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
    >> tried again and came up with:
    >>> This may be old news but thought I'd post it.
    >>
    >> Once again, I'm proven right. The community produced a tool well
    >> before Maxis/EA. Thanks for the heads-up! (Sigh) I wish my computer
    >> could run TS2 - I'm finally getting TS2 envy, because everything is
    >> there now that I need.
    >
    > Well, you'll have to upgrade like I did, but now you have a good
    > reason to
    > do it. I had to buy 512MB of RDRAM for my Dell Dimension 8200. I
    > didn't
    > upgrade the video card, still using the NVIDIA that came with it and
    > it
    > proves to be ample. It was a big expense, hard to justify just for a
    > game
    > in this household with our budget, but the additional RAM has been a
    > good
    > thing for all of our computer work, so maybe it was just time I did
    > it,
    > anyway.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Jeanie, I also have a Dell Dimension 8200 & last year I bought 512 MB of
    RDRAM.
    Yes, it is expensive. I went ahead and bought a new video card too but
    like you said,
    it was time to upgrade, still cheaper than buying a new computer. LOL
    I just got through buying and installing a DVD writer so hope that's
    all for a while. The
    original CD writer died a few months ago.

    .............B

    Yes you where right !

    whats your feeling about that ? if i may ask
    and when do you think animations will be possible

    sorry just curious for your opinion ;-)

    "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> schreef in bericht
    > deb waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
    > tried again and came up with:
    > > This may be old news but thought I'd post it.
    >
    > Once again, I'm proven right. The community produced a tool well before
    > Maxis/EA. Thanks for the heads-up! (Sigh) I wish my computer could run
    > TS2 - I'm finally getting TS2 envy, because everything is there now that I
    > need.
    >
    > --
    > --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    > Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
    > "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
    > "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
    > Mwahahaha!

    Drs. muts waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
    (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    > Yes you where right !
    >
    > whats your feeling about that ? if i may ask
    > and when do you think animations will be possible
    >
    > sorry just curious for your opinion ;-)

    My feeling is that instead of making tools available, Maxis should be
    working hand-in-hand with the community software developers to ensure that
    tools work properly, especially for (and with) upcoming expansion packs.
    That being said, I don't think it will ever happen - EA wants too badly to
    keep things proprietary. My trust remains with the community, which can do
    anything and everything necessary to completely customize the game.

    As to animations - Since I have no idea what is necessary to do that kind of
    work, I can't really provide a time line for it. I do know what it will
    take, though. It will need an individual or group that is interested,
    talented, and commited enough to do the work necessary. ...and those people
    will be from the simming community, not Maxis/EA.

    --
    --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
    "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
    "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
    Mwahahaha!

    Thanks for your reply
    And i can only say i agree completly
    pitty that maxis didnt show any help
    I think all the modders and websites and comunities made the sims ,a big
    hit
    Some apreciation would have been cool

    sorry for wrong spelling

    Greetings

    > Drs. muts waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
    > (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    > > Yes you where right !
    > >
    > > whats your feeling about that ? if i may ask
    > > and when do you think animations will be possible
    > >
    > > sorry just curious for your opinion ;-)
    >
    > My feeling is that instead of making tools available, Maxis should be
    > working hand-in-hand with the community software developers to ensure that
    > tools work properly, especially for (and with) upcoming expansion packs.
    > That being said, I don't think it will ever happen - EA wants too badly to
    > keep things proprietary. My trust remains with the community, which can
    do
    > anything and everything necessary to completely customize the game.
    >
    > As to animations - Since I have no idea what is necessary to do that kind
    of
    > work, I can't really provide a time line for it. I do know what it will
    > take, though. It will need an individual or group that is interested,
    > talented, and commited enough to do the work necessary. ...and those
    people
    > will be from the simming community, not Maxis/EA.
    >
    > --
    > --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    > Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
    > "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
    > "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
    > Mwahahaha!

Sims Mesh Games Video Games