Sign in with
Your question

Xp cd player help? sound breaking up.

Last response: in Windows XP
May 31, 2011 4:18:56 PM

cd player has staccato ,consistent breakup. cd light flashes on/off on side of of player while playing. deleted & downloaded win. plr. 11 .no help. follwed win. help & support guide for sound. no help. played fine yesterday.

More about : player sound breaking

May 31, 2011 7:39:07 PM

Many things to check for a cd drive not working properly.

1. Does the cd drive have the power cable and data cable properly seated to the mainboard and to the cd drive?

2. Is the cd you have in the drive excessively scratched/warped/damaged? Have you tried another cd?

3. Is the cd drive able to read the media you put in it (dvd, dvd rom, cd, cd-rw, etc)

4. Cd drives do break on occasion. Have you tried using another cd rom drive that you know is good?
m
l
June 12, 2011 5:19:42 PM

don brown said:
cd player has staccato ,consistent breakup. cd light flashes on/off on side of of player while playing. deleted & downloaded win. plr. 11 .no help. follwed win. help & support guide for sound. no help. played fine yesterday.

Need 2 add that this happens when i use a cassette to cd or mp3 conversion program by DIGITOPE i bought thru amazon. the 1st time it happened i was able to reset my pc to earlier date and cd player cleared up , but the second time that didnt work.
m
l
!