Phenom Ii x4 965 BE and HAF 922 cooler help!!

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
I have a Crosshair III,Phenom II 965 and HAF 922.
The stock cooler sucks to the core so I'm gonna buy a new one.
please suggest me the best air coolers. I want "THE BEST" one so i can overclock at least above or to 4Ghz and still have good temperatures.

Solution
1- If u do a bad OC is true that u kill ur CPU. Now if u are a enthusiast(I think that u are for ur nick), trust me, that 965 will no have more that 1 or 2 years in ur hands.
2- The CPU are designed to support high temps (62C in AMD), but u can go with 65 without problems and if u don't rise the temp above 70C ur CPU will be fine.
3- The V8 is a crap for the money, currently I have a Hyper 212+ and I can get 4GHz without problems.
4- Thermaltake have a good coolers and is good manufacturer too.

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
And one more thing I've heard people saying that overclocking kills life,this and that. Is that true..??
I mean if I overclock my CPU and still the CPU is running at good temperatures,will it kill some life or something??
and can we cooler master V8 compared to these??
As in my country cooler master gives good support and is easily available or Thermaltake another brand.
But if they are not good I'll import one cooler like TherMax Eclipse II.

1- If u do a bad OC is true that u kill ur CPU. Now if u are a enthusiast(I think that u are for ur nick), trust me, that 965 will no have more that 1 or 2 years in ur hands.
2- The CPU are designed to support high temps (62C in AMD), but u can go with 65 without problems and if u don't rise the temp above 70C ur CPU will be fine.
3- The V8 is a crap for the money, currently I have a Hyper 212+ and I can get 4GHz without problems.
4- Thermaltake have a good coolers and is good manufacturer too.

Solution

tuesday0180

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

Sounds about right. I get those temps in prime 95. I have a sunbeam ccf 120mm which is similar to your 212. Are you in california by the way? Those temps are exactly what I get.

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

I found out that these benchmarks are wrong.I've corrected them above also.

These are the correct ones
31 C - cool n quiet disabled(idle)
53C - prime95 Torture Test!!(used to be 63C with stock cooler)

These are with the paste given to me along with the cooler and I suppose it's not a good one as it wasn't spreading easily and was not that thin. Tomorrow I'll be buying a good thermal compound and I hope it will make a difference of about 3-4C
I live in India :)

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Ok the final temperatures

32 C (Idle/Browsing) (Air Conditioner ON)
38 C (Idle/Browsing) (Air Conditioner OFF)
46 C (Prime 95 Torture Test) (Air Conditoner ON)
51 C (Prime 95 Torture Test) (Air Conditioner OFF)

Like SAINT19 said I can easily get 4Ghz!!