4hdd = 2 * 2hdd raid0

G

I use to work with 2 separate HDD 1 for the system one for data
I would like the performance of my systeme : video editing and video diffusion using arkaos VJ in hd

is it possible to setup with 4 hdd
2 hdd raid for system and 2 hdd raid0 for data = increase the performance read and write data ?

what amount of increase performance ?

cheers

eric

I'm assuming you are talking Raid0 since you are looking for performance.

Short answer - Yes, no problem. I had my P965 (E6400 system) set up with 4 HDD. Two, Raid 0 for Vista and two, raid0 for Win 7 RC.

For alittle more info if you go this route (NOT sure what size your disks are), so I'll use mine as an example.

I used 4 WD 640 Blacks. On the first pair set up TWO raid0 configurations. The first with approx 200 Gigs for your operating system and programs (I used a strip size of 64 K), then the remainer of the HDD I set up with a 128K strip This will show up as Drive 0 and drive 1 in Windows (Not drive 0 with two partitions. - This is where it differs from setting up as a single strip and partitioning in windows. On 2nd set - your choice two stripped volumes will show up das a drive 2 and drive 3, Using the whole disk as a single stripped volume will show up as a single drive (drive 2) and you can partition it in windows as desired.

You can Use one pair two provide backup for the 2nd pair and visa versa.

TRENDING THREADS