Limited budget build HDMI Motherboard & CPU

deac

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Had Gigabyte GA SISXP1394 Mobo that died. Have full tower aluminum case and 2 pci HD's with XP Pro, Office, etc. Afraid of my 420W PSU as I'm not sure of what caused the burn out. I'll immediately need a good inexpensive 600W PSU and an HDMI Motherboard with on board graphics that I can upgrade later. I also need an inexpensive CPU which I'll replace later with a Quad core. Finally I need a 2GB Ram stick of either DDR2 or DDR3 depending on the Mobo selected. I need advice on an upgradable HDMI Mobo that can temporarily run an inexpensive CPU and later run a good Quad. I'd like the ability to run a minimum of 8GB of Ram and onboard 10/100/1000 Lan. I'm attempting to stay around $250.00 initially and I know that's hard to do which is why I'm reaching out to you for advice.

r_manic

Administrator
With that price tag I think you're limited to AMD. Your best bet is to go to NewEgg and take advantage of their great filtering tools. See the link below; I've limited the search to AMD motherboards with HDMI out. Just adjust the filters on the left side to suit your needs:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010200022+1410330297&Configurator=&Subcategory=22&description=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

deac

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
What do you think of the following combo:

ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail$79.99

AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor Model AD775ZWCGHBOX - Retail$64.99
$59.99

Well that combo is also good but the onboard graphics on the ASUS is weaker than the Biostar one...and it is the same with the CPU...
But if you are not purchasing from newegg, then get which ever is cheaper...