Convert DAT files from VCDs to play on SD card on IPAC2210

April 13, 2004 2:35:11 PM

Hi All

I want to convert VCD movie with .DAT extension into a form that can be
played in windows media player on my IPAQ 2210. I have a 256M SD card and
would like to save the movie there. I thought I could use windows media
encoder but I cant seem to find out how I can do it. Can any one help?

Thanks

Naveed

--
Mr Naveed Qayyum

www.mnq.org.uk
April 14, 2004 4:02:55 AM

"MNQ" <corlioni1976REMOVE@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I want to convert VCD movie with .DAT extension into a form that can be
> played in windows media player on my IPAQ 2210. I have a 256M SD card
and
> would like to save the movie there. I thought I could use windows media
> encoder but I cant seem to find out how I can do it. Can any one help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Naveed
>
> --
> Mr Naveed Qayyum
>
> www.mnq.org.uk

You may be better off with TMPGenc and following the instructions at:

http://forum.pocketmovies.net/viewtopic.php?p=3415#3415

This worked fine for me. I've never had much luck with Win Media Encoder.

HTH. Shaun.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 2:38:34 PM

Will this convert the DAT file to WMV?

--
Mr Naveed Qayyum

www.mnq.org.uk

> "MNQ" <corlioni1976REMOVE@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > I want to convert VCD movie with .DAT extension into a form that can be
> > played in windows media player on my IPAQ 2210. I have a 256M SD card
> and
> > would like to save the movie there. I thought I could use windows media
> > encoder but I cant seem to find out how I can do it. Can any one help?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Naveed
> >
> > --
> > Mr Naveed Qayyum
> >
> > www.mnq.org.uk
> >

> You may be better off with TMPGenc and following the instructions at:
>
> http://forum.pocketmovies.net/viewtopic.php?p=3415#3415
>
> This worked fine for me. I've never had much luck with Win Media Encoder.
>
> HTH. Shaun.

Related resources
April 14, 2004 9:29:05 PM

> Will this convert the DAT file to WMV?

It'll convert the DAT to an MPG which you can then play on media player.

If you must have WMV format I cannot help - sorry.

Shaun
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 10:08:18 PM

You can blow the DAT file straight to a real player file using Helix
producer. Now you've just got to download helix producer and real
player for pocket PC.

HTH
Neil,

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:29:05 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

>"MNQ" <corlioni1976REMOVE@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> Will this convert the DAT file to WMV?
>
>It'll convert the DAT to an MPG which you can then play on media player.
>
>If you must have WMV format I cannot help - sorry.
>
>Shaun

CaptionKit http://www.captionkit.com : Produce subtitled
internet media, transcripts and searchable video. Supports
Real Player, Quicktime and Windows Media Player.

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.
!