Mouse Surface:
Old Blue Mouse Pad
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
Motherboard:
XFX 750i SLI Extreme MotherBoard
Computer Case:
CoolerMaster Elite

Next.... I am trying to overclock my Core 2 Duo E7400 to around 3.2 ghZ with a stock cooler, right now I run the Core 2 Duo on average around 34 - 39 degrees Celsius and am looking to go no more further than 50 degrees. Secondly the Bios in my motherboard seems to be ***, see there is a jumper on the actual motherboard which I have already set to overclock mode.

This is what the Bios looks like except my FBS Clock is 1066.7 mhZ and the Bus Speed is 266.7 mhZ with the Clock Ratio being 10.5.

Now I am confused as to what settings I should change, in my mind it seems I must change the Bus Speed to for example to 310 mhZ because that multiplied by 10.5 is 3.255 taking me to my overclock beginner goal. Also here is a picture of my CPU - Z.

Lastly, I am confused on what to do with the memory.

Basically there are 3 things that I need to figure out.

1. What settings should I enter in?
2. Do I change any voltage?
3. Do I mess with any of the memory settings, if so then how?
a c 101 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 29, 2010 11:56:38 PM

A good place to start would be the guides published by members here.

I personally read some of the guides and did my OCing. It also gave me a good idea about OCing and how to go about doing it.
m
l
May 30, 2010 1:13:33 AM

Ubrales said:
A good place to start would be the guides published by members here.

I personally read some of the guides and did my OCing. It also gave me a good idea about OCing and how to go about doing it.

Never mind that. This BIOS is pretty crap and it makes things confusing. Here is a small message to anyone who is about to read this now for future reference. To overclock disable Intel EIST and Speed Sprectrum. The FSB CLOCK shown in the overclock menu is using Quad Data Rates (Quad Pump). This means that the frequency you see is your actual frequency times 4. For example my CPU was running at 266 mhZ x 10.5. To increase your FSB, take your FSB RATE and multiply it by 4 to figure out what you want to enter. For example if you want make your FSB rate at 333 then you would do 333 and multiply it by 4 which equals 1332. This way you can enter in your FSB rate but its different. Don't worry about the memory clock and leave the voltage the same unless you are overclocking really high. You may get the BSOD depending on which frequency you use, try lower and higher frequencies and it might work and then do a test with Prime95.

ALSO a side note to people who don't see that menu. There is a jumper inside the motherboard to protect you from accidentally overclocking. You must open up your computer, look near your (on top) your SATA cables. There is a small green piece that says JOC1. Do not lose this piece!!! Flip it around and put it on the bottom 2 things sticking out. And there you go the menu will show up.

I hope this helped anyone with this motherboard, and it can teach newcomers on how to overclock.
m
l
!