Sign in with
Your question

What do you guys think?

Last response: in Overclocking
May 28, 2010 7:55:36 PM

Well, I had bit the bullet and took the chance of Overvolting my CPU. Stock voltage is 1.425 and I brought it up to 1.536V, which helped me push my processor up to 3.705GHz. (Don't worry, I didn't do this right off the bat, I did this over a day)

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz AM3
MB: MSI 790X-G45
RAM: Kingston 4GB DDR3 1066 and GEIl 2GB DDR3 1066 brought up to 1317MHz with timings of: 7-7-7-15-20 1T

At first, I had seen my temps go up by 2ºC idle and about 3ºC under full load. (Original idle temp- 21ºC, Original load temp- 30ºC)

As per usual, I would run Prime95 after any bit of Overclocking, which the max for the stock voltage was 3.510GHz.

I had read a lot of reviews on my Processor and had seen that most of them are AM2 CPU's and the max that they could achieve was 3.45GHz; I guess I blew them out of the water :p  I was thinking about pushing it a bit further, but I've been told if I up the Voltage anymore, there is a higher probability of causing (more) damage.

Heat won't be an issue for me, for much longer, my temps will be lower once I get my new case, some time next week. I have modified this case too many times and I didn't feel like having more 80mm fans(too loud for my tastes) so I bought a case loaded with 120mm fans and it can easily be modified for a 250mm fan :D 

One more thing, my Core temps: Original 15.6-16.3ºC. Now are about 17.2ºC.

I had been doing my best to achieve the temps that I had/ have and they will be even lower, once the new case arrives!

Let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance.

If I had left out any info that would be helpful, let me know as well.

CFTait.

More about : guys

May 30, 2010 4:26:30 AM

Just views? I've gotten up the 3.75GHz at 1.54V, should I keep going? If so, how much further? Possible or smart to go further with this voltage?
m
l
!