How can i fix lag on my tv card?

phobia911

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
HI i recently purchased an asus mycinema pe9400 combo tv card and installed it in my pc
the picture quality and sound quality is great however it lags terrible. every 5 seconds or so it skips or pauses for a second and it is so annoying i can watch tv on it
i am running xp media center edition. media center works with the analog tuner perfectly with no lag but does not even recognize the digital tuner so i am using the crap software that came with it.
i would just settle w/ the analog tuner but that won't work a month from now so i need to get this working or i may return it
i downloaded what i think are the latest drivers from asus.com
can anyone help me stop lag and if possible get it to work on media center

thanks, phobia

note: my system: intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz, fatal1ty mobo (the full-atx version), evga 9800gtx, 4 gigs corsair ram, windows xp MCE SP2 (sp3 messed up various freeware programs i use)

phobia911

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
i forgot to mention that my computer tv card is hooked up to the same antenna as the hd converter box on the tv upstairs and that does not lag.
the quality on the tv and my comp are about equal except for this lag that makes it almost unwatchable

bigal18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I have had a tv card for my old pc, and I did not get enough signal coming to the computer, but otherwise I have no clue what else to say about your problem. Sorry but I don't know much at all about tv cards at all, that is all I can say, sorry.

bigal18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
If it helps, I had to call time warner to fix the wiring, because not enough signal was coming to the tv card, and the tv card came with the computer. I had my connection hooked up though a cable line, but the picture on the t.v. looked fine, even though the connection was just split using a splitter.

phobia911

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
well that's the thing is my connection is good and the quality on both the tv and on my computer are excellent. however on my computer it will pause every 10 seconds or so and then start again which is really annoying. it seems to me like a drivers or software issue. however i have the latest drivers and software updates.
if i can get it to work with media center i imagine that the media center drivers are better than the crap software provided.
or if anyone knows any 3rd party software for watching tv that is better than what comes with this card i am willing to give that a try...