GT 8800 and a 26" screen refresh rate problems.

Hello all,

I hope i can be as helpful as i can, my setup is:

Q6600 - Quad core at 3.0 Ghz
2 x 2gb ram
Gigabyte MOBO and gt8800 GFX card.

My 26" evesham HD tv to is connected to my pc via DVI to HDMI cable.

I am using the Nvidea Cpanel to play and im running windows 7 and vista

This has always been a problem for me and I chose to ignore it by my eyes are bleeding and I can't take anymore :o on both vista and windows 7 the only res that my screen well do 60Hz in is 1208 x 720 which on this massive screen looks pretty naf, As soon as I try and go any higher it just does 30Hz and starts shaking and its horrible. I can force "Custom Resolutions" via the Cpanel but this doesn't do much and when I try and go for HD res - 1920 x1080 the screen goes into shaky mode and switches fro 720p to 1080i on the tv screen and says 50Hz, however when i run media centre or a game it goes into 1080i mode but displays 60Hz, I have tried to force this but it says it can't.

Should I sell this tv and get a new one? If yes what kind? or is there a fix.

Please Reply,

I will post pics if that helps.
Thanks
Henry
2 answers Last reply
More about 8800 screen refresh rate problems
  1. Well from the specs I found on your tv it only has a 1366 x 768 native resolution so you'll never get 1920 x 1080 out of that set.
    If you're wanting true 1080p and compatabiliy with pcs, get a Samsung HDTV. Make sure it says "1080p" on it...
    Other then that try setting your resolution at 1366 x 768 @60Hz. If that don't work try going dvi - dvi if your set has that input.
    Hope this helps.
  2. You simply cannot get a higher resolution/refresh rate as stated by Johnyq1233. Your TV simply doesn't support it. Though your video card may allow you to "force" a different resolution, you're not actually seeing 1920x1080 lines of resolution. What happens is the TV is forcing that large an image onto its Native 1366x768 lines. So you're actually seeing LESS detail because a large part of the data sent to your TV isn't even being displayed.

It's like taking a Photo at 14 Megapixels and shrinking it in size so it fits on your desktop. The unfortunate thing about TVs is the refresh rate, and low resolutions when compared with modern PC Monitors.

HD Monitors typically provide higher resolution than 23-26" "HD TVs". Only 1080p is "REAL" or "TRUE" High Definition anyhow (1920x1080). :)

If you sit further away from your TV you can sorta fake it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Graphics