king_play334

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Im building my first custom Gaming computer, i need some help picking up a reasonable Liquid cooling system to cool my CPU and SLI GPU setup.
I would like suggestions that are in a good price range and are good products and why you think they would work well for me?
Thanks!

Not just why do you think you need to water cool but also what are you planning on cooling?

C2D, C2Q, i7, Phenom 2?
SLI 9400GT's, GTX 295's?
Any price or size constraints?
A good water cooling setup is not for the weak pocket book.

It is almost impossible to recommend a decent setup for you with out knowing the particulars.

king_play334

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Sorry lol, im n00b to this forums thing. my setup is

Asus P5N-D
Intel core 2 quad q6600
Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ SLI or Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 SLI
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full tower case.
8GB RAM
1TB HDD(slave)
500GB HDD(Main)
2 LG LightScribe DVD/CD Burners.
1000WATT Ultra X3 PSU

Size does not really matter aslong as it will look neat. Im not looking to spend A whole lot, At most im looking to spend $400-$500

king_play334

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
I decided not to Liquid cool my graphics card becuse its a crap-load of working on 2 GPU's and this is only my first build, i Want to SLI becuase i have the money and i might aswell do it now... my res will either be 1280X800 or 1920 x 1200, i still have to order my monitor. So as of now, im only Liquid Cooling my CPU, i have also changed my mind and either go with one of the 3 following cases-
Antec 1200

OR
Cooler Master HAF 932
OR
Cooler Master Cosmos S.

im very picky about this build becuase its alot of money for a 15 yearold to dish out, and even though my dad is pitching half i dont want to take advantage or waste what he gives me. Thanks

Romel.

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
At 1280 x 800 SLI is a waste of time (& money) as there is NO speed imcrease, buy a better video catd. You can buy a second card if you move to a larger monitor.

Mike.

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
First off I would agree on not needing SLI (you can always upgrade if you get higher rez). Second do you want an internal or external set up for your reservoir/ radiator. Also I would not skimp out on something like liquid cooling you don't want anything leaking. I would also go with a Kit instead of trying to mix and match parts. Also having to mount the reservoir and other things could get tricky if you don't know what you are doing (thats why I would go with certain kits).

Here are some kits that I have looked into buying myself, if I ever come across the money.

Interior

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7276/ex-wat-134/Cooler_Master_Aquagate_Max_Universal_Liquid_Cooling_Kit_RL-HUB-KBU1-GP.html?tl=g30c83

Exterior

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5288/ex-wat-108/SilverStone_Tundra_TD01_Unibody_Radiator_Liquid_Cooling_System_-_Black_TD01B.html?tl=g30c83

also are you going for silent or overclocking? if neither I would recommend air cooling.

If you are going for overclocking I would go with the Cooler Master, if you going for silent i would go with the SilverStone.

I can not speak with certainty on rood's recommendations (although they do look VERY weak...) the Cool IT Domino you recommend is total cr@p.
Xcpus did a review on it in January and it barely beat out a stock i7 Hs and even lost to it once overclocked.
I would HIGHLY recommend against it.
http://www.****/reviews/113-Cool-IT-Domino-ALC-Page-1.aspx

For a real watter cooling loop, try a Swiftech MCP655 pump, Swiftech GTX CPU block and a 240mm (2x120mm) radiator.
If you decide to add the GPUs to the loop, add the proper GPU blocks and another 360mm (3x120mm) radiator to the loop.
Without looking up the prices, I would assume you can get a setup similar to this for about the same cost as rood's recommendations.

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
Yes Swiftech is very good... but also why do you want liquid cooling? because if it is for looks only then I would say the hazard out ways the reward. If you are going for silence well then go with a fanless style or a very low dB fan, if it is for overclocking then use something that will give good water flow and also a quality radiator. all others aside the tech behind some of the high end air coolers is pretty good and can cool enough for mild over clocks I was able to OC my 6600 Xeon from 2.4 to 2.9 and keep it stable.