G

Hi,
I setup a PC,

MB: ASUS P6T (BIOS UPDATED TO 1303)
CPU: Intel Core i7-920 @ 2.66
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair 1600
DVD-RW:LG
VGA: Sapphire ATi Radeon 5850 1GB
HDD: WD CAVIAR GREEN 1TB 64MB(10EARS) [I know this HDD is some kind of Slow for that Machine]

my problem is when I press the power button of the case, HDD LED is ON (EVEN before POWER LED!!) and REMAINS ON. NO BLINKINGS! just ON.

BUT Sometimes randomly it is not like that. yes! suddenly when I switch the power OFF/ON or when I enter the BIOS and exit, it will work normally(OFF or blinking when HDD is busy!)

Jumpers are factory default(No jumpers). I have tested many things. changed all cables. remove DVD-RW cables completely. even set the jumpers for SSC.
I have 4 partitions on it. make them with Acronis disk director and because windows was very slow I install Windows version of WD ALIGN UTILITY. It is now very better but LED is on its way.

It sounds like your HDD LED connector is on the wrong pins. Verify that your case's Front Panel Connectors are connected properly to the motherboards' front panel pins, and with the correct polarity (where applicable). You should have a page and an illustration in your motherboard manual.

G

Thank you treefrog07!
I'm sure about such things. I tested the connectors even with or without asus Q-connector. I'm sure about that.
And why sometimes it works normally?