Does someone want to try this?

mrangerm

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I'm still waiting for my first build to arrive, and I'm so excited. Since I ordered my parts I've been on the net looking at everything from motherboards to memory. I can't believe how addicting this is. I realized that I'm not really excited about getting the computer, but its the parts and putting them all together that is really fun. Maybe this is because of all the endless possibilities. Well, here is the build I need:
-I want to add a computer to our living room simply for internet surfing and photo viewing. It's going to be hooked up to a 720p tv, and directly to our router. I'm sure someone will want to download and view hd videos, but this won't be a gaming pc. I'm going to get the Logitech EX110 wireless keyboard and mouse for it. I think it would be really nice if it were a micro ATX motherboard and case. We would also hook up our printer to this computer and it would be for anyone to use as a central home PC.
This is not a necessary pc, so based on the price I may or may not get this. So if any of you experts want to give this a try, price would be the most important factor. I was hoping it would end up somewhere around $300. This is because I just ordered my $900 build (after $80 rebates). Even if I don't end up getting this, it would be nice to see what you guys come up with.

Thanks!

mrangerm

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I think I am one of the few people who actually likes Vista. But besides that, I couldn't really understand what this product that you linked to does. Please explain.

mrangerm

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Well that seems nice, I don't think I can start drilling holes through my house to connect ethernet cables. And if it is just connecting to my PC, why does this device cost $300?
I think I'll stick with getting a cheap pc. Any ideas on a build?