Sign in with
Your question

Debating to get Newegg OpenBox board, what would I miss (P6T Delux v2)

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
May 8, 2009 9:52:45 PM

Hi,

I am debating on perhaps getting an Open-Box ASUS P6T Delux v2. I understand that I would be risking getting a defective board

Let's say I decide to gamble and take the risk of potentially getting a bad board, what other things should I be aware of (this is my first time buying a motherboard). I figure if it lacks the drivers and instruction manual, I can easily find them on the ASUS website. What other stuff are usually included with new retail motherboards that the Open-Box item might not have?

More about : debating newegg openbox board miss p6t delux

a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2009 12:22:42 AM

I called Newegg about a year ago and asked the same question. They said the box may be missing some accessories, no guarantee. Others have purchased Open Box products and found everything to be okay, I chose not to risk it and spend the extra money for something new.
May 9, 2009 2:51:08 AM

starams5 said:
I called Newegg about a year ago and asked the same question. They said the box may be missing some accessories, no guarantee. Others have purchased Open Box products and found everything to be okay, I chose not to risk it and spend the extra money for something new.

What accessories typically come with a retail box purchase?
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2009 3:16:10 AM

Stuff like this:

User Manual
Driver Disk
Power Cable's
SATA cable's
USB Bracket
IEEE1394a Bracket
IDE/PATA Cable
FDD Cable
Rear I/O Panel Shield