catu16alx

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Hey guys i'm wondering if u can help me out on this. I got a new rig a few days ago Intel E8400 3GHz(3.4 OC)Wolfdale Normal temps: Idle 37°C / Fully loaded 63°C
ASRock P45TS Mobo Normal temps: idle 34°C / Fully loaded 58°C
Graphics: ATI Radeon HIS HD 4870 1gb ram Normal temps: idle 42°C / fully loaded 68°C
2xHDD Seagate 500gb SATA II
Power Supply Corsair TX 750W. Air Cooled. These are the Specs
And now the problem: When i PLay a more demanding game like Crysis, Assasin's Creed or Medieval II Total War on high or max Graphics the games play fine till the image frezees and if there was a sound at that point, the sound keeps repeating and i can't generally do anything and i have to reset. Can it be that because it's air cooled the temperature rises to high even with the fan speed at 100%? If this isn't the prob can u please point it out and maybe a solution to it. It would help a lot. Thanx in advance

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Fully loaded? What do you consider fully loaded? Playing a game? thats not fully loaded.

Run prime95 and see what the temp gets to. Over 70 and you found your problem.

I almost bet you need to redo the heatsink, this time put it on the mobo outside the case so you get it on tight.

You will need to remove the old thermal paste and reapply new paste to reseat it. If you dont you will have more trouble.

Could be a couple things. Either your temps are getting to high (as roadrunner suggested), or it could be an issue with regard to your OverClocking. You listed that your CPU was OC'd to 3.4Ghz. Is your HD 4870 OC'd? Video card's that are unstable with an OC tend to cause the problem you're talking about in my experience.