Sign in with
Your question

Sharing an evdo connection

Last response: in Toms Network
March 17, 2010 5:56:24 PM

hey i got a evdo axesstel usb modem and a dlink dl-624 router i enabled internet connection sharing but how can i use the router? thanks
March 17, 2010 11:54:25 PM

[modem](lan)<-- wire -->(wan)[wireless router]<-- wire/wireless -->[pc]

ICS (as in Microsoft Internet Connection Services) which runs on your PC is no longer needed. All devices are now connected to the router via wire or wireless.
m
l
March 18, 2010 5:21:55 AM

eibgrad said:
[modem](lan)<-- wire -->(wan)[wireless router]<-- wire/wireless -->[pc]

ICS (as in Microsoft Internet Connection Services) which runs on your PC is no longer needed. All devices are now connected to the router via wire or wireless.

all right thank you but the problem we don't have such devices in iraq that's why i was wondering but thank's again
m
l
Related resources
March 18, 2010 11:46:55 AM

zeus223 said:
all right thank you but the problem we don't have such devices in iraq that's why i was wondering but thank's again

Don't have what devices? You mentioned a modem and router, I mentioned a modem and router (well, and a PC, but obviously you need to use that modem + router w/ something). All I did was tell you how to connect them.

All I can think is maybe that modem can't be connected to the router because it's only a USB modem (cellular??) and needs to be plugged into the PC. Then you use ICS to share that USB modem?

If so, then you could connect the wireless router to the PC's other (presumably) wired network connection (WAN to LAN, respectively):

[modem](usb)<-- usb -->(usb)[pc w/ ics enabled](lan)<-- wire -->(wan)[wireless router]<-- wire/wireless -->[pc]
m
l
March 26, 2010 8:55:47 AM

yeah the modem is cellular thanks bro for your help i'll try it today
m
l
!