billamama

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Hi Proximon,
Do u really think ddr2 is totally out of date and they are cheaper than ddr3 or going to be in near future? but my problem is that I can maximum afford 25000 INR for my motherboard+ram+processor+gfx card (may be a little bit more I can afford)

**According to you
1) GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3P = 15500/-Indian Rupee

2) Intel Q9450 Core 2 Quad Processor - 15490/- Indian Rupee

3) OCZ 2 GB DDR 3 1333 Mhz Gold Edition RAM Price - 8150/-Indian Rupee

4) Palit NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX+ NE/98TX+XT352 512MB GDDR3 Graphics Card=Rs.10,752.77

and the total is 49892.77( !!!!! sorry at preset I can't afford that much !!!!!)

Look I really want to buy that config. but you know I've a limited budget

**What about this:

1) Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P = Rs.12,233.52/- Rs.

2) 2 GB DDR2 800 MHz (Trancend) - 1250/- Indian Rupee

3) Intel Q9300 Core 2 Quad Processor - 11500/- Indian Rupee
or
Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad Processor - 8550/- Indian Rupee

****CAN YOU SUGGEST ME WHICH GFX CARD OR COOLER i REQUIRED WITH MY CONFIG? OR IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET A GOOD CONFIG WITHIN 25000 LIMIT?

Waiting for your reply

billamama

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
One more thing I should mention here that I am a graphic designer but not very much aware about hardware configs one of students bought a config few days back it is P5N73-AM, DUAL CORE CPU, geforce 7050 & nvidia 610i gfx card & 2 gb ddr2 ram, is it ok?

My reasoning is based on US prices, where DDR3 has actually become less expensive than DDR2 in some cases. As a graphics designer, you had better get 8GB of DDR2 now though, if you go that route. The price will go up in India as well.

Is AMD expensive there? The Q9400 would be great if you can afford it. Otherwise go with the Q9300.

If you are just going to use a single card, it's quite safe to go with the UD3R. It's a fine board. I didn't realize your budget restraints or the usage.

Get DDR2 800Mhz CAS4 or 5, running at 1.8V. If the transcend fits that then fine.

I wouldn't use the Nvidia chipset on your student's board. They are not as stable as Intel chipsets... but if it's assembled and running good enough, then no need to change now.

If you are just doing graphics design on a budget, a 9600GT would do nicely. If you want to do a bit more and the price is right there, the new 4770 is a great card.

As long as you are not overclocking, the stock Intel cooler will be OK.

billamama

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Thanks but there is another thought if I have to put 4, 2gb ddr2 rams then why should I buy a mob that supports 16 gb of memory? can't I put one 4 gb now and rest of 3 later?

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
what software do you use for graphics designing ? that is important first . i dont think youll need 4x4 gb mem , go for 4x2 gb .single 4 gb modules are overpriced in comparision . even photoshop is fine with 8gb memory .

adding more memory beyond specific application needs will not speed up your system .do not overclock , start with 2gb transcend , and add 2 gb as you need in the future for max 8gb .

and i am from india , nowhere you will find ddr3 cheaper then ddr2 in any size .
dont go for a system that "sounds" good , buy according to your need .

cybot_x1024

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008
if you are on a budget go with the single pcie slot motherboard(ie. UD3R). And use the extra cash to add on to your GPU.
In some parts of the world DDR3 is still very expensive, go with the DDR2. There is no day and night perfomance difference with Core2 between the two therefore the extra cash spent on DDR3 cannot be justified
Alternatively you caould make an AMD build. It is cheaper than intel

billamama

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Thanks for your suggestion,

Softwares I want to Run

graphic design=Photoshop + illustrator+CorelDraw
Video Editing=Premier+After Effects+Combustion+Sound Forge
2d Animation=Flash+Toon-Boom
3d Animation=Max+Maya
:bounce:

At present I'm working in my P4 3.06 ghz machine, mob msi 865gvm3-v
(http://us.msi.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=865GVM3-V)
with 512 mb (400 mhz) ddr ram & 80 GB SAMSUNG SP0842N. No graphics Card (I could not afford those days), cd writer, 17' LG CRT (rescently I added 2 1gb ddr)

Still It charged 25000/- INR :ouch:

the softwares I ran on it (Photoshop-cs3+illustrator cs3+CorelDraw cs4+flash-8+premier pro+ AE-7+sound forge 9+3d max 8) :eek:

& Games like Total Overdose, Pacific theater, Return to castle Woolfenstain, games bond night fire, Half Life-1, Soldier of fortune-1 & recently POP warrior within (lowering all game options for POP still don't ran properly & PC rebooted) :cry:

So I want to buy a new one that will support all the softwares I mentioned above (especially for graphic design & Vid editing) & some games like Warrior within, brian lara 09 etc.

& one more thing I never heard of Over Clocking before I start searching my new configuration. :??:

Is there no way I can get a decent system within 25k? :(

Whatever you can get will be an improvement. We just want to make sure you get the most for your money.

Do you have any good online parts stores in India that we could look at? I don't have any on my list yet.

OK!

I probably can't build the computer of your dreams for 25K Rs., but let's see what we can do.

You don't mention a power supply, but let's look at those as well. You need a good one.

AMD X3 720BE
This is a really nice processor for the price. 3 cores, not as good as 4 perhaps but fairly speedy. 8.5K

BIOSTAR TA790GXB A2+ AM2+ 4.9
Is this price for real? Because this is a good motherboard. Biostar may not be Asus or Gigabyte but at this price for this chipset it's worth it.

Palit 9600GT 1GB
I thought the extra memory might help you out a bit. Even though this is a crossfire board and it would be nice to use an ATI card here so you could crossfire later, the Nvidia card is better for your work.

Corsair 800Mhz 4GB

We're getting close to your limit. I hope you have a good PSU :(
Corsair 540VX
This is a good one at a fair price.

billamama

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Thanks . . . I will ask for this configuration to local market . . . . thanks once again, I'm sorry that I didn't give you sorted list of Indian online stores still you make this configuration, thanks, :D

Well I'm sorry that I asked u for one more favor. . . will you tell me the configuration if I want to make the "Computer of my Dreams" ??

It's pretty hard to do everything you want with one computer. 3D modeling really should have a workstation card, but they are expensive and don't work for games.

However, if you had the money:

(and still being realistic)
Intel i7 920
X58 motherboard - Gigabyte UD4P perhaps.
12GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 285 video card your work might not like SLI, so this card might be best in your case... normally we don't recommend it much because of price.
An OCZ Vertex Solid State Drive for OS and applications.
A 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black hard drive for data.
A Corsair 750TX power supply (a bit extra wattage in case you need it later)

Or you could make this build a dedicated work machine by switching the GTX 285 for a good workstation card such as a Quaddro FX1800
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133272

pranc007

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
I am using P4 3 GHz with 256 MB DDR 400Mhz RAM on MSI 865GVM3-V motherboard...recently I removed the 256MB and installed 512MB DDR 400 RAM but my PC keeps on rebooting again and again. Motherboard manual says its compatible....pls. help me buudy...any idea?

pranc007

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
I am using P4 3 GHz with 256 MB DDR 400Mhz RAM on MSI 865GVM3-V motherboard...recently I removed the 256MB and installed 512MB DDR 400 RAM but my PC keeps on rebooting again and again. Motherboard manual says its compatible....pls. help me buudy...any idea? can anyone help me on this?

pranc007

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
i looked into the above link but couldnt figure out any solution...pls help. the MSI manual says that 865 GVM3-V board supports 400MHz 512 MB DDR RAM. It also says that the max RAM allowed is 2 GB... but forget about 2 GB even if I put 512 MB my PC keeps on rebooting again and again...pls suggest... i am tired of trying again and again...i also tried with 1 GB..its the same problem..

kidebo

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Send Flowers to mumbai, Cakes to mumbai, Gifts to mumbai, Chocolates to mumbai. Same day Delivery
visit- http://www.mumbaionlinegifts.com

Send Flowers to mumbai, Cakes to mumbai, Gifts to mumbai, Chocolates to mumbai. Same day Delivery