Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Saw a patch that fixes something I didn't know existed

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 6:22:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Saw a patch on ModtheSims that says:

###
The social worker will not be summoned for a child receiving bad grades
unless the number of bad children outnumbers the number of passing
children: No more adopted bad child causing all your good children to be
taken away because he came with a failing grade from when he was taken
away before.
###

Now, I had no idea that could happen (the last sentence). You mean the
social worker comes and takes away ALL children in a household if ONE is
doing bad??? This didn't happen in Sims1.

It also says:


###
Parents will also no longer be physically prevented from going to work
if children are present on the lot. No more having to miss work because
the stupid nanny refused to show up until 15 minutes afterwards.
###


Again, never saw that, but then again, I think there was always somebody
else in my households to take over, if needed. How are these Sims
"physically-prevented"?

--
--Cuth

More about : patch fixes existed

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 6:22:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:420198DE.7020108@earthlink.net...
> Saw a patch on ModtheSims that says:

> ###
> Parents will also no longer be physically prevented from going to work if
> children are present on the lot. No more having to miss work because the
> stupid nanny refused to show up until 15 minutes afterwards.
> ###
>
>
> Again, never saw that, but then again, I think there was always somebody
> else in my households to take over, if needed. How are these Sims
> "physically-prevented"?

When the action of going to work comes up in their queue and there is a
child, toddler and baby on the lot that would be left on the lot without a
family teen, adult or elder, or a nanny, the action will be cancelled and
you'll get a pop up message from the sim saying that he knows going to work
is important, but he cannot simply leave the "little one" home alone.

Since the action of going to work will be auto-cancelled immediately, the
sim is physically prevented, I suppose. I'd say that wording's a little
weird though. It's not as if a huge wall pops up blocking them from the
carpool or anything.

C
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 6:22:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
<snip>
> Now, I had no idea that could happen (the last sentence). You mean
> the social worker comes and takes away ALL children in a household
if
> ONE is doing bad??? This didn't happen in Sims1.
<snip>

Yup.

And like it's mentioned in the patch, if you adopt a kid, and he has
bad grades when he arrives, boom, the social worker takes all the kids
and you did nothing bad yourself. I had that happen to me, though I
simply didn't save and then used SimPE to raise the grade level.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 4:49:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>Now, I had no idea that could happen (the last sentence). You mean
>>the social worker comes and takes away ALL children in a household
>
> if
>
>>ONE is doing bad??? This didn't happen in Sims1.
>


It's even weirder than that. If it's a teen who's doing bad
but all the younger kids are doing great, they'll take all
of them, but not the teen! Social workers don't take teens
away--I guess because they can work the refrigerator...

Laura
!