jiz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
well ive just put together a computer for my friend.. and of course it decided it didnt want to work, which is a pain because i hate having someone elses comp on my hands needing to fix it asap etc..
specs:
mobo . p5q se/r
cpu . e8400
ram . 4gig kings ddr2
gfx . 512mb 9500gt
hdd . western digi 1tb
cheap case that came with a 450w psu
hooked up to my 22"

computer fans turn on and green light on the mobo but nothing appears on screen, swapped out gfx, and tried with 1 stick of ram then changed.
thinking either crap psu ? dead mobo, cpu or hdd ?
any ideas on how to test for each or if it could be something i screwed up...
i switched to a laptop lately (DONT DO IT!!!) so dont really have a computer to keep switching out parts.
any help would be appreciated.
cheers

jiz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
says gfx card min is 350.. with power is it just everything needs to be under 400 or does the total requirement of everything added need to be under

Winly

Distinguished
it depends, thats only the minimum so i guess it will require more than 350 to fully operate. but its better to try a different PSU, those PSU that come with the Case are of really bad quality and it can ended by taking some components with them in case of a failure

Winly

Distinguished
answering your question if you have components that adding all together give you a sum of more than 450watts then you know that your PSU will not work, so everything have to be under 450 watts in order to work. but if the PSU is of bad quality that is also a major problem

Its not the psu

Does the computer POST ? ONE beep as it boots .

If not then disconnect everything inc gfx card . Leave the power connectors in the mb , leave one stick of ram and the cpu

Power on . What happens?
Any beeps?