  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 3, 2005 7:20:48 AM

I downloaded some hacks from Modthesims to fix things in the game. For
example, one was supposed to enable teens to woohoo and even get
pregnant other teens and even adults. Another was supposed to make Sims
less whiny when little things go wrong. Another was supposed to put a
little progress bar above the head of a Sim who is writing a novel. The
instructions were the usual: unzip and put into the Downloads folder,
which I did. Yet none of these show up in the game. There are no changes.

This reminds me of another time I downloaded a fix that was supposed to
allow teen Sims to invite adults to move into a household (if the teens
are living alone, for example; they can "adopt" parents). Never worked
for me, even when the relationship scores were at 100.

Anyone have any idea why?

--
--Cuth

More about : hacks problem

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 10:45:47 AM

You probably have another (sneaky) hack that interferes. You should try
scanning with the download manager

MM

> I downloaded some hacks from Modthesims to fix things in the game. For
> example, one was supposed to enable teens to woohoo and even get
> pregnant other teens and even adults. Another was supposed to make Sims
> less whiny when little things go wrong. Another was supposed to put a
> little progress bar above the head of a Sim who is writing a novel. The
> instructions were the usual: unzip and put into the Downloads folder,
> which I did. Yet none of these show up in the game. There are no
changes.

> This reminds me of another time I downloaded a fix that was supposed to
> allow teen Sims to invite adults to move into a household (if the teens
> are living alone, for example; they can "adopt" parents). Never worked
> for me, even when the relationship scores were at 100.
>
> Anyone have any idea why?
>
> --
> --Cuth

February 4, 2005 3:06:18 AM

> I downloaded some hacks from Modthesims to fix things in the game. For
> example, one was supposed to enable teens to woohoo and even get
> pregnant other teens and even adults. Another was supposed to make Sims
> less whiny when little things go wrong. Another was supposed to put a
> little progress bar above the head of a Sim who is writing a novel. The
> instructions were the usual: unzip and put into the Downloads folder,
> which I did. Yet none of these show up in the game. There are no
changes.

> This reminds me of another time I downloaded a fix that was supposed to
> allow teen Sims to invite adults to move into a household (if the teens
> are living alone, for example; they can "adopt" parents). Never worked
> for me, even when the relationship scores were at 100.
>
> Anyone have any idea why?
>
> --
> --Cuth

I downloaded the Modthesims "pay the bills at the mailbox" hack, and it
works perfectly for some households, and not at all for at least one that I
know of. Have you tested your hacks in each house?

--Poppy
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 6:38:38 AM

I had the teen woohoo & the less whiny patches & both worked in my game. I'm
sorry I can't offer any help as to why they're not working in your game.
:(  I never could get the move-in one you describe to work either.

Chris

!