Has anyone hacked this?

Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance
often seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown or
some other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now you'd
think it's radioactive.

--
--Cuth

> Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance often
> seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown or some
> other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now you'd think
> it's radioactive.

What would be the appropriate colour for something which in the real world
tends to be colourless?

Gareeth

> Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance
> often seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown or
> some other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now you'd
> think it's radioactive.
>
> --
> --Cuth

You haven't met my brother!LOL I'm pretty sure he *is* radioactive!:eek:)

Kelly

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Gareeth wrote:
> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance
> > often seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown or
> > some other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now you'd
> > think it's radioactive.
>
> What would be the appropriate colour for something which in the real world
> tends to be colourless?

Green's the traditional colour to represent sewer fumes and other such
noxious gasses. Has been ever since the advent of colour printing, as far
as I know. :p

Gareeth wrote:
> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance often
>>seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown or some
>>other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now you'd think
>>it's radioactive.
>>

> What would be the appropriate colour for something which in the real world
> tends to be colourless?

Brown. :)

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance
> often seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown or
> some other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now you'd
> think it's radioactive.

Was also wondering if someone has written a hack so that Sims can shop
for their wardrobe online. It's a real drag to have to drive Sims to a
community lot just for them to get clothes. It would be nice if they
could order at home, as they can with food.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>> Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance
>> often seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown
>> or some other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now
>> you'd think it's radioactive.
>>

> Was also wondering if someone has written a hack so that Sims can shop
> for their wardrobe online. It's a real drag to have to drive Sims to a
> community lot just for them to get clothes. It would be nice if they
> could order at home, as they can with food.

==
There is a dresser hacked that enables you to buy clothes at home, it
works real well, I love it! You get it at ModSims2.

JulyRaine wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance
>>> often seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown
>>> or some other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now
>>> you'd think it's radioactive.
>>>

>> Was also wondering if someone has written a hack so that Sims can shop
>> for their wardrobe online. It's a real drag to have to drive Sims to
>> a community lot just for them to get clothes. It would be nice if
>> they could order at home, as they can with food.
>>
> ==
> There is a dresser hacked that enables you to buy clothes at home, it
> works real well, I love it! You get it at ModSims2.
==
Here's the link
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=16786&highlight=clothing+rack

> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>> Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance
>> often seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown or
>> some other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now you'd
>> think it's radioactive.
>>

> Was also wondering if someone has written a hack so that Sims can shop for
> their wardrobe online. It's a real drag to have to drive Sims to a
> community lot just for them to get clothes. It would be nice if they
> could order at home, as they can with food.

Yes. I agree! In the modern world this is almost a 'must'.

GCA

> Has anyone come up with a change so that the green gaseous substance often
> seen in the game as body odor, farts, and dity dishes is brown or some
> other more appropriate color instead? The way it looks now you'd think
> it's radioactive.

You should meet some people I had the misfortune of going to school with. I
swear body odor can be as deadly as any sort of radioactivity...

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Was also wondering if someone has written a hack so that Sims can shop
> for their wardrobe online. It's a real drag to have to drive Sims to a
> community lot just for them to get clothes. It would be nice if they
> could order at home, as they can with food.

I'm waiting for that one! There's a hack at MTS2 that allows
shopping at home, but you usually have to use the money cheat
to afford all the "equipment" and then something about the
hack interfered with my game, so I had to remove it. Might
have worked fine for others, though, I'm not sure.

Oh, and re your earlier question about the social worker, Cuth,
there's also a hack at MTS2 that makes it to where homework is
never generated. That's one of my favorite ones. I detest
Sim homework <g>

Laura

That's a good idea for a hack. I don't have any hacks in my game yet but
I'd install that one.

Best wishes
Maxon

Laura Castellano wrote:

> Oh, and re your earlier question about the social worker, Cuth,
> there's also a hack at MTS2 that makes it to where homework is
> never generated. That's one of my favorite ones. I detest
> Sim homework <g>
>
> Laura

I'll bet the Sims detest it more. :)

I don't mind homework, though I do think they get too much of it. They
never have time to play because they always get so much homework. As
usual, Maxis overdoes it.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Laura Castellano wrote:
>
>> Oh, and re your earlier question about the social worker, Cuth,
>> there's also a hack at MTS2 that makes it to where homework is
>> never generated. That's one of my favorite ones. I detest
>> Sim homework <g>
>>
>> Laura
>

> I'll bet the Sims detest it more. :)
>
> I don't mind homework, though I do think they get too much of it. They
> never have time to play because they always get so much homework. As
> usual, Maxis overdoes it.

===
That's why I like the mod 'homeworksometimesfun'
It is more real where at random they sometimes don't have homework and
for serious kids it gives a little fun boost.