Best X58 MB?

just wanted to know what the best X58 MB was, i do believe its the P6T V2 because ive been seeing good reviews for it, any ideas?
18 answers Last reply
More about best
  1. I have a P6T Deluxe V1, and love it. I've also heard good things about the EVGA board.
  2. Im going with the Asus Rampage II Extreme, its what toms hardware used for their expensive build.
  3. it depends, are you wanting to know what the best MoBo is or the best for a reasonable price, because there's two different answeres for that
  4. I have a Rampage Extreme and its great. Granted i'll probably never use all of its features but much like a PSU, a motherboard is not something to scrimp on. P6T is also a very nice board mind.
  5. The Rampage II is nice, but it is a bit over the top for most users, IMHO.
  6. best mobo for the i7, and also the most bang for the buck
  7. @computernewbie: What motherboard are you referring to the one above your post?
  8. EVGA released the classified motherboard if you want to overclock... It was designed by over clockers for overclockers....
  9. how do you exactly overclock a motherboard? :P i meant the EVGA P6T V2 Deluxe version, yeah i heard of the classified, its costs uber though...400$ atm i believe
  10. oh sorry, i mean the ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
  11. Well the classified is overkill for anyone who does not overclock... This is for EXTERME!!!(terodactyl sound) OCers not for gamers. P6t or Rampage II Extreme is good enough.
  12. To say that the Rampage II Extreme is "good enough" is a bit of an understatement. It is made for the same purpose as the Classified - and is overkill for all but the most extreme overclockers.
  13. Well, its not as EXTREME as classified.
  14. Yeah, but if you aren't planning on some fairly impressive overclocking, the P6T deluxe or something similar is just as good, and a whole lot cheaper.
  15. i agree, which is why I stuck with RIIE, because I am trying to OC a 920 to at least 3Ghz. Im not EXTREME enough to reach 4Ghz and beyond.
  16. @computernewbie: You OC a motherboard through bios, add more charge, and adding heatsinks to prevent overheat. (increases performance, but there is such a thing as performance to energy ratio, so i suggest take things in moderation and dont go EXTREME unless you want to)
  17. dragonfang18 said:
    i agree, which is why I stuck with RIIE, because I am trying to OC a 920 to at least 3Ghz. Im not EXTREME enough to reach 4Ghz and beyond.

Why didn't you just get a P6T or something similar?
  18. Well, I was hoping to OC some more later. Hehe may want to get a little of the EXTREME feeling, but not enough to go LN2 for cooling.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Reviews