Question re: Moving in Service NPCs

I'm putting together an experiment in one of my neighborhoods where a woman
is moving in a bunch of townie teenagers to her house, and as it turns out,
an inordinate number of them are the cashiers at the commercial lots.

I'm worried because I've heard comments suggesting that when you move NPCs
into your house, the game doesn't generate replacements. It could just be
the regular townies rather than the service NPCs, but this worries me. It's
possible that if there are only four cashier NPCs in total and I move two of
them into this woman's house, there won't be enough cashiers to man all the
registers on some of the commercial lots. That is, if replacements aren't
generated.

Does anyone know if service NPCs at least, and regular townies secondly, are
replaced with new NPCs whenever you move one in, or when the number of
available NPCs reaches a minimum threshold? (I had heard some comments
about that happening when you move lots of regular townies in)

Charles Whitney wrote:
<snip>
> Does anyone know if service NPCs at least, and regular townies
> secondly, are replaced with new NPCs whenever you move one in, or
> when the number of available NPCs reaches a minimum threshold? (I
> had heard some comments about that happening when you move lots of
> regular townies in)

It generates new ones. I've moved in a number of cashiers and have had
new ones pop up. Same with maids, mailmen and pizza delivery people.
It doesn't seem to do it immediately, though, but when it needs one.
Like if you move in a mailman, it will generate a new one when the old
one was supposed to walk by.

Replacements are generated when 'called'

New NPC's are generated when they are required to interact with your Sim and
new Townies are generated when you visit a community lot.

MM

> Replacements are generated when 'called'
>
> New NPC's are generated when they are required to interact with your Sim
> and
> new Townies are generated when you visit a community lot.

So that means when I move the last firefighter into a house on my lot,
another firefighter will be generated the next time a fire occurs in one of
my lots?

And say, if moving in a cashier brings the total of free cashiers down to
two, if I go to a lot with three registers, another cashier will be
generated?

TIA

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm putting together an experiment in one of my neighborhoods where a
> woman is moving in a bunch of townie teenagers to her house, and as it
> turns out, an inordinate number of them are the cashiers at the commercial
> lots.
>
> I'm worried because I've heard comments suggesting that when you move NPCs
> into your house, the game doesn't generate replacements. It could just be
> the regular townies rather than the service NPCs, but this worries me.

New ones get generated. I never run out.

Gareeth

Yes - although I think that there is a hack to stop them being replaced, but
I can't think why anyone would want it.