Icons & Short Cuts- (advice please?)

norskdrum

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
:hello: Hello Fellow members...
I am a newbie to the forum but not to the site have being using it for quite some time..and found many good answers over that time.

I have just upgraded to Win 7 (H.Prem) & from Vista Home-premium!Must admit to feeling a wee bit dissapointed with it..after all the hype! :(

I am still getting used to it..but would like if possible to change some of the Icons in the Taskbar e.t.c. is this possible and can I not make my own shortcuts like in Vista? i.e. specific folders to the taskbar with there own identifying icons..I have lots of music files and like to have different icons..but not sure if my vista collection will work in 7?

Can I resize the buttons in the taskbar? please direct me to the correct area in 7 to do this?

Your help & advice appreciated

all the best Steve :D

you can click on the start menu button, then properties, then click on " use small icons" if you want to change the size of icons on the desktop to whatever you want just hold the Ctrl button and use your mouse wheel up and down

norskdrum

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

Hello
many thanks for your very quick reply..#No it is not a case of size of icon..know how to do that.

It was a question of weather Win 7 offered the same flexibility as Vista to change/ drag icons to taskbar..
The Icons seem dull in 7 can I download some better music icons in particular and how do you change the icons in 7?

For example I have a variety of Folders in Docs..I wish to put selected files/folders on taskbar..not in that windows box (pin thing) I wish to download some nice icons (music) and add to these folders,if possible

all help advcie appreciated
steve :p

norskdrum

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

Hello
Re
Hi There
many thanks I new of the 7 site but had forgot about it..so many thanks have followed instructions..and am now searching how to find some really good (free music icons) and how to apply them to folders e.t.c.

all the best Steve :bounce: