Sign in with
Your question

Is G3 worth the wait?

Last response: in Storage
June 21, 2010 7:24:50 PM

Considering the "rumors" circulating about the 3rd generation of SSDs that should come out later this year (regarding greater speeds, lower prices for G2, TRIM support for RAID, Sata3 use, etc...), is it worth waiting for? (generally speaking and across all brands of SSDs)

[I would not usually ask this, as I am in favor of buying what I can get and what is available now, but despite SSDs being unrivaled in performance, people are still paying a lot for what they get]

Side question: What about Intel's SSD plans specifically? Is there a G3 320Gb set to come out soon?

I realize that only someone truly well informed about the goings-on at intel will be able to answer this question properly, but I'll take all the advice I can get.

As usual, thanks in advance.

More about : worth wait

a b G Storage
June 23, 2010 12:20:20 AM

Good question. I'm not fully involved yet either (don't tell I'm using 30gb Kingston v series for boot disks). Even if the G3s bring down the price of the larger G2s I'll wait for it. It would be nice to hear from intel insiders, however. Even if it's just a link to a PCworld article or something.
m
l
June 24, 2010 2:56:28 AM

adampower said:
Good question. I'm not fully involved yet either (don't tell I'm using 30gb Kingston v series for boot disks). Even if the G3s bring down the price of the larger G2s I'll wait for it. It would be nice to hear from intel insiders, however. Even if it's just a link to a PCworld article or something.

Do you have those kingston drives in raid?
m
l
!