Stealing gnomes?

I never had the expansion pack in the first Sims that had gnomes, and
even in this second game I never put a gnome in a garden before. I'm
not really a gnome person. A cat person. A dog person. But gnomes are
hard to housebreak. So I always ignored them. But then I downloaded a
house that had a garden full o' gnomes.

I moved Cassandra "I Still Can't Believe I'm Married" Goth and Darren
"How Do I Get This Ankle Shackle Off?" Dreamer/Goth into this house.
The first day, Mortimer came over to visit, along with some other folks.

I noticed Mortimer snickering a lot as he walked around the outside of
the house, but I didn't watch him much as the other guests needed
attention. Later, after Morty and the other guests left, I saw
Cassandra, at midnight, walking around the same way, snickering, for
hours. I clicked to see what she was doing and it said "Steal back gnomes."

So is this some sort of game they play? Did it mean if I went over to
Mortimer's house before I would have seen all the gnomes in *his* yard?

--
--Cuth
1 answer Last reply

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:34:22 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I noticed Mortimer snickering a lot as he walked around the outside of
    >the house, but I didn't watch him much as the other guests needed
    >attention. Later, after Morty and the other guests left, I saw
    >Cassandra, at midnight, walking around the same way, snickering, for
    >hours. I clicked to see what she was doing and it said "Steal back gnomes."
    >
    >So is this some sort of game they play? Did it mean if I went over to
    >Mortimer's house before I would have seen all the gnomes in *his* yard?

    If you don't put your gnome right up against the house, it will get
    stolen quite frequently. Anyone who's a guest in your house might
    steal it, though I think personality plays a part. I've never looked
    to see if the gnome will be at the theif's house, my sims always steal
    it back to quick.

    Shella

Sims Video Games