CD/DVD comby burner

I get the following message on the device manager CD
icon. needless to say uninstalling, plug and play etc has
not worked (the CD works on boot-up). Any ideas will be
gratefully received before I carry out a complete
reinstall. details of the system are below.
"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete
or damaged. (Code 19)"
System:
Sony via GRT360ZG laptop running XP home with SP2 (beta)
upgrade.
1 answer Last reply
More about comby burner

    has now been fixed with the advice of Peter.

Configuration CD-Rom Windows XP