overshocked1234

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Hey old friends,

I decided to start posting my benching results on here....this does not mean im coming back to post in other threads.

Ive been benching Fermi lately with a custom pot I made.

Done with a GTX 470.

First with dice to prepare myself for what to expect from this card:
imgp0405s.jpg

imgp0426lu.jpg

imgp0419h.jpg

imgp0425z.jpg

back of the card

Then with ln2:
imgp0502ka.jpg

imgp0504w.jpg

imgp0503.jpg

62776693.jpg

I reached 881 mhz on the core furmark stable. I was having problems with GPU ram CB though, so i could only pull it down to like -70c. Guess i better insulate it better next time.

Im hoping with a volt mod and better insulation i can reach a #2 WR. :sol:

-Enjoy,

Overshocked

4745454b

Titan
I was looking at the first pic, and was like WTF is he talking about, thats a pot on the CPU not a fermi. Once I saw the lower pics I understood what was going on. I've never seen a bend like that, wouldn't it be better to rotate the board so you didn't need to use a bend like that?

You said benchmark results, what were they? I see 881MHz, but thats not a benchmark.

overshocked1234

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Are you referring to the bend in the GPU pot?

Here is a pic of it with all the insulation off:
imgp0346b.jpg

I didn't do any benchmarks on this card. I wasted all my ln2 trying to get over a hump in the CPU. Then i turned over to fermi with only like 5l left. And that thing just eats ln2 man. I go through it so fast.

4745454b

Titan
Yeah, thats the bend I'm talking about. I'm no OCing expert but 1) I've seen a bend like that and 2) heat rises but I'm not sure about how well it would handle the bend. I would think you're better off OCing the CPU on air/water, and turn the MB so you can use a more pot on the GPU.

And I agree, don't knock lucky charms. Not only is it the best cereal made, but its healthy to. Better then special K with berry and a lot of other "healthy" crap people buy.

overshocked1234

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010

TBH it doesnt matter that heat rises. Your relying on the boiling of the liquid nitrogen to cool it. So no heat of the GPU is actually going into the ln2.

4745454b

Titan
Technically correct? Doesn't a warm spot develop in the LN2 that's next to where the GPU is? I would think with that bend your sort of artificially making a slightly smaller POT? Or sort of two of them connected together?

I'm just thinking that if your going for record #2, you want your setup to be as good as possible. Something that reduces the efficiency of it can't be good right?

overshocked1234

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010

Theres no such thing as a "warm spot" in the ln2.

As soon as the ln2 reaches above -196c then it will boil away

overshocked1234

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010

Meh....

Ive dipped my hand in the stuff before. The Leidenfrost effect protects you from frostbite with short exposure.