Sign in with
Your question
Closed

DVD Drives

Last response: in Storage
June 22, 2010 12:32:29 PM

Installed two Pioneer DVD-R Pata 22x DVR-118L drives. Music plays fine in both but when I put in Jericho game disk, computer shuts down. Thanks for any help

More about : dvd drives

a b G Storage
June 22, 2010 4:03:15 PM

Are they on the same channel?
Is it only that disk - can they read data disks, cds, regular dvds?
Score
June 22, 2010 8:08:44 PM

gtvr said:
Are they on the same channel?
Is it only that disk - can they read data disks, cds, regular dvds?

Sorry, I don't know what the channel is,,, Regular music CDs and other DVDs will play. I called Pioneer and they said shouldn't be the DVD hardware but a conflict with the software installed. They recommended I review the task manager in both safe and regular mode.....urgh...Thanks
Score
Related resources
a b G Storage
June 22, 2010 11:50:10 PM

I guess I was thinking IDE for a bit... if they are sata forget that part of the question.

If you take 1 drive out, will the disk work with just 1 DVD drive installed?
Score
June 23, 2010 12:12:54 AM

gtvr said:
I guess I was thinking IDE for a bit... if they are sata forget that part of the question.

If you take 1 drive out, will the disk work with just 1 DVD drive installed?

They are Pioneer DVD-R Pata 22x Drives. Haven't taken one out yet to see if the other will work, should we?
Score

Best solution

a b G Storage
June 23, 2010 12:30:59 PM

If the Pata is PATA (parallel ATA) that's IDE. You have 2 IDE devices per channel (connection on the motherboard, and the cable has 2 connectors on it). If they are set up on the same connector, 1 has to be set as slave, the other as master, via jumpers on the drive.

If that's done correctly, then I would pull one, see if one works by itself, then reverse the process. If it works correctly with single drives, and not with dual drives (with jumpers set correctly) then you have at least isolated the problem, could be something to work with the vendor on.
June 23, 2010 5:56:41 PM

Thanks for that. I found a "fix" in the Roxio Creator helpdesk. When I downloaded their driver fix, programs works now and both DVD drives are recognized. Thanks again.
Score
June 23, 2010 5:56:51 PM

Best answer selected by wjhanson.
Score
February 2, 2012 6:39:59 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!