Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Do I need to install any other raid drivers?

Last response: in Storage
June 22, 2010 12:37:52 PM

Sorry for the novice question.

I have a raid 0 set up with raptors and I only have the Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R etc. SATA RAID controller installed.

My board is the GA-EX58-UD3R. It comes with some Marvel and GSATA drivers also but I only have the forementioned installed at the moment, is this all I need? Its a fresh build so just want to be sure.

Thanks!

More about : install raid drivers

Best solution

a c 99 G Storage
June 22, 2010 6:04:32 PM

The mobo has the Intel X58 + ICH10R chipset, so I think you need these drivers found here: Support for the Intel X58 Chipset

The Intel RAID (or Rapid Storage Technology as Intel calls it now) drivers are here: Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology for Windows 7.

You should be able to download and install there correct drivers, without re-installing the OS. However, if you do need to install the OS again, you'll need the ICH10R drivers for your RAID array (if not Windows 7).
June 23, 2010 1:03:34 AM

Sorry, forgot to add that I am using Windows 7.

It seems it installed the drivers on its own when installing the OS.

Just to clarify with you, I already have the ICH10R driver installed, do I need the Rapid storage technology drivers also or did they get installed also with the OS?

Ugh, so new to raid..
m
l
Related resources
a c 99 G Storage
June 23, 2010 2:47:31 AM

It was updated by Intel on 03/23/2010, so it's newer than the one included with Windows 7.

The biggest part of the update was the support of TRIM for SSD, which are not part of a RAID array. That's a whole other topic!

Even though you don't have a SSD, I'd still download and install the driver. You should always try to get the latest drivers for all components.

You could run benchmarks on the drives before and after to see if you got anything extra with the new drivers. I downloaded/ran "HDTune," but it's only free for 15 days.
m
l
June 23, 2010 6:30:40 AM

I have the newest ICH10R driver installed as I instsalled that yesterday due to trying to find out why my boot up was slow ( ended up been the energy saver software ) so im ok with that.

Ill install the rapid storage drivers tonight.

Thanks for your help!
m
l
June 23, 2010 6:31:40 AM

Best answer selected by Nikay.
m
l
!