Need Help FAST

deviling

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Well i have a Ati Hd4870Dark knight Made by Asus. While i was overclocking my Card i Moved one line all the way to the right Witch Means Maximum. Know for some reason My screen just shows Colorful Boxes or lines I cant explain it. Hard to explain But now it Just crashes. any ideas On how to fix this?

deviling

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Thanks But is it possibal if i can downclock it threw bios? Because everytime i restart my computer it freezes the screen on the startup when everything loaded.

And thanks For all your support.

terr281

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
+1 cjl

If you can't restart with that card in the machine, try putting another card in the machine to tell the software "wait...the card isn't there anymore."

Then, put the "overclocked" card back in.

Further, if you can, put the "overclocked" card in another machine...just to make sure no permanent damage was sustained. (It shouldn't have, but you never know...)

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
im guessing this was a video bios flashing tool you were using at the time?

dont suppose you kept a backup of the original just in case sommat went wrong? because i think your going to need it.

If you were using a tool like Rivatuner to overclock then do this;
Boot into Safe Mode (hold the F8 key down until you see the selection screen) and select Safe Mode. Wait for the system to boot then uninstall the software compleately.
If you were overclocking using the drivers boot into Safe Mode and uninstall them compleatly.
Reboot normally and reinstall the software/drivers as needed.

deviling

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The rpoblem is that i have a Maximus 2 formula motherboard and it doesnt have on board vga so i have no idea how to do this..

By booting into Safe Mode, the VGA drivers are not loaded and your card will run using the Windows drivers, which are very basic and will not be effected by your overclock.
With that done, you can now safely uninstall your drivers or the software you were using for the overclock, which should end the problem.

roush2fast

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
What Coozie said should work.

BTW Of course it's your card and your decison but I wouldn't OC. The instability and additional heat/fan noise isnt worth the minimal gain.

TRENDING THREADS