Sign in with
Your question

Need Help FAST

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2009 3:37:41 AM

Well i have a Ati Hd4870Dark knight Made by Asus. While i was overclocking my Card i Moved one line all the way to the right Witch Means Maximum. Know for some reason My screen just shows Colorful Boxes or lines I cant explain it. Hard to explain But now it Just crashes. any ideas On how to fix this?

More about : fast

a c 169 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2009 8:03:41 AM

That means your card isnt stable,u have to lower the clocks,alsi IMO dont OC it,because u wont get a big boost in performance.
However as i said the reasons is instability of your OC.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2009 12:28:19 PM

Move the line back to where it was.
Related resources
January 22, 2009 2:57:13 PM

Thanks But is it possibal if i can downclock it threw bios? Because everytime i restart my computer it freezes the screen on the startup when everything loaded.

And thanks For all your support.
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2009 3:15:56 PM

When you restart, it should reset the clocks. If it won't even restart now, you have a significant problem.
January 22, 2009 3:32:01 PM

+1 cjl

If you can't restart with that card in the machine, try putting another card in the machine to tell the software "wait...the card isn't there anymore."

Then, put the "overclocked" card back in.

Further, if you can, put the "overclocked" card in another machine...just to make sure no permanent damage was sustained. (It shouldn't have, but you never know...)
January 22, 2009 5:45:59 PM

im guessing this was a video bios flashing tool you were using at the time?

dont suppose you kept a backup of the original just in case sommat went wrong? because i think your going to need it.
a c 184 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2009 6:01:21 PM

If you were using a tool like Rivatuner to overclock then do this;
Boot into Safe Mode (hold the F8 key down until you see the selection screen) and select Safe Mode. Wait for the system to boot then uninstall the software compleately.
If you were overclocking using the drivers boot into Safe Mode and uninstall them compleatly.
Reboot normally and reinstall the software/drivers as needed.
January 22, 2009 8:11:15 PM

The rpoblem is that i have a Maximus 2 formula motherboard and it doesnt have on board vga so i have no idea how to do this..
January 22, 2009 8:13:25 PM

AND PLUSE WOULD REINSATTLING windows? Work??? Like reformat it?
a c 184 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2009 10:15:06 AM

By booting into Safe Mode, the VGA drivers are not loaded and your card will run using the Windows drivers, which are very basic and will not be effected by your overclock.
With that done, you can now safely uninstall your drivers or the software you were using for the overclock, which should end the problem.
January 23, 2009 3:00:45 PM

What Coozie said should work.

BTW Of course it's your card and your decison but I wouldn't OC. The instability and additional heat/fan noise isnt worth the minimal gain.
!