Easy tune problem?

Tags:
  • Gigabyte
  • BIOS
  • Blue Screen
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
May 11, 2009 3:00:46 AM

I have a EP45-UD3P with a Q9550 and my system clock in bios and easy tune do not match. If I reset the bios and look at easy tune, my system clock will say 2.83ghz for a few seconds with a multiplier of 8.5x. Then a few seconds later, it goes to 2.0ghz with a multiplier of 6x. Actually, the multiplier changes often as I'm typing this. Does anyone else see this? Am I correct to assume either easy tune is wrong? Or that easy tune/mobo is varying my multiplier? If I run wcpuid, i get BSOD. Anyone have any insight? Thanks

Zack

More about : easy tune problem

a c 136 V Motherboard
May 11, 2009 8:42:26 AM

First of all dont even OC with easy tune,OC with BIOS,its has alot more options and will u give u better stability,
The reason that your CPU downclocks and its multiplier changes from 9x to 6x is because of "Speedstep",disable it (From BIOS ) and it wont downclock
a b V Motherboard
May 11, 2009 12:46:15 PM

^+1. Well said! Most of the OCing software is cr@p. The only exception is the EVGA E-LEET which is pretty decent compared to the others.

Also OP, DO NOT install the DES(Dynamic Energy Saver) Software.
Related resources
May 11, 2009 3:21:30 PM

Oh i even wasnt trying to OC with it. I was just curious why the multiplier was changing. I mainly use easy tune to watch my fan speeds and temperatures.
May 11, 2009 3:49:56 PM

ok i uninstalled DES and turned off the cpu eist function... and it still reads a multiplier of 6x. I reinstalled easy tune to see if that was it, wasn't it. I'm going to manually set some stuff in bios and see if that works.
May 11, 2009 3:59:42 PM

sorry for the multiple posts, but i got it. i disabled the enhanced halt and the options below it. Motherboard is running at 41* C so i guess that was the reason why. But all is good now, thanks
!