ASRock A790GXH/128M + 2 x HD4770 in Crossfire

tijmen007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
My question is, does anybody know issues with this motherboard? Anyone experienced with Crossfire on this motherboard?
I know that the HD4770 is quite new, so will it require any sort of update? :d Many questions, probaly short answers.
It's just to make sure I don't buy a crap motherboard which doesnt work like the Asus M2N-MX ( Seriously I hate that thing ! ).
Any thoughts about Asrock motherboards? As you can see I own a Gigabyte one now, I love it :D

Thanks in advance :D

Solution
OK Iv seem to fix my own ploblem. I am now able to run crossfire with 2 4770 and overclock my cpu from 2,5 to 3,0ghz.

The solution was to set my bios in default settings, this made the second 4770 able in windows. The second step was to overclock my cpu via the multiplers and not with bus speed. Before I ran the overclock cpu with a bus speed of 240 = 3.0 ghz.
Now I change the multiplier to 15.5x. This gives also 3.0 ghz. This is by far the best overclocking board I v ever had.

brantdk

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
I have this setup and I have a problem. The board is a great overclocker. I have gotton my AMD 9850 BE clocked from 2.5 to 3.0 with air cooling. I can also get my 2 4770 cards running in crossfire....the problem is That I cant do it at the same time. I cant overclock and run crossfire at the same time.
When I overclock then the second 4770 is not reconized..no crossfire but I can run at 3.0.

Does anybody else have this problem? I have sent a mail to AsRock asking for help

brantdk

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
OK Iv seem to fix my own ploblem. I am now able to run crossfire with 2 4770 and overclock my cpu from 2,5 to 3,0ghz.

The solution was to set my bios in default settings, this made the second 4770 able in windows. The second step was to overclock my cpu via the multiplers and not with bus speed. Before I ran the overclock cpu with a bus speed of 240 = 3.0 ghz.
Now I change the multiplier to 15.5x. This gives also 3.0 ghz. This is by far the best overclocking board I v ever had.

Solution