Sign in with
Your question

PLEASE HELP!!!

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Aspire
Last response: in Motherboards
May 11, 2009 7:08:49 PM

Acer aspire 5100... ive looked everywhere on how to get to the motherboard or even find out where it is or what it looks like... i need help i am not computer savvy

More about : question

May 11, 2009 7:26:47 PM

What do you mean by very first result?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 11, 2009 7:33:53 PM

every laptop is different. to remove the motherboard you'll have to rip it apart completely.

This is what it looks like
http://laptops-motherboard.com/index.php?main_page=prod...

why do you need to get it? With all do respect, amateurs with broken laptop motherboards should be looking to buy new laptops.
May 11, 2009 7:38:06 PM

I need to take out the smaller battery that is in there to reset the BIOS on my computer because it was hacked into and now everytime I turn it on it just shows ENTER HDD PRIMARY USER PASSWORD TO CONTINUE. I called Acer about it and they told me my computer had been hacked and i was screwed but my CIS instructor told me to go about it this way first because it could save me from having to buy a new laptop

PsyKhiqZero said:
every laptop is different. to remove the motherboard you'll have to rip it apart completely.

This is what it looks like
http://laptops-motherboard.com/index.php?main_page=prod...

why do you need to get it? With all do respect, amateurs with broken laptop motherboards should be looking to buy new laptops.

a b V Motherboard
May 12, 2009 4:43:33 AM

I would try a new HDD before removing the cmos battery. I know with desktops removing the cmos battery no longer clears bios passwords. However I believe you HDD was encrypted. If there is no important data on it. you can hook the HDD to another pc and perform a low lvl format to try to clear it out.

usually the bottome of the pc has 2 easy access doors. one for memory and another for the HDD. Usually if you look real close they have symbols by the screws you need to remove. usually it's only 1-2 per door.

If your still intent on removing the battery, you'll simply have to remove every screw and pull it apart. I recommend getting a multi sectional tray and keeping the screws relative to their location on the laptop.
!