PLEASE HELP!!!

Acer aspire 5100... ive looked everywhere on how to get to the motherboard or even find out where it is or what it looks like... i need help i am not computer savvy
5 answers Last reply
More about please help
  1. What do you mean by very first result?
  2. every laptop is different. to remove the motherboard you'll have to rip it apart completely.

This is what it looks like
    http://laptops-motherboard.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=132

why do you need to get it? With all do respect, amateurs with broken laptop motherboards should be looking to buy new laptops.
  3. I need to take out the smaller battery that is in there to reset the BIOS on my computer because it was hacked into and now everytime I turn it on it just shows ENTER HDD PRIMARY USER PASSWORD TO CONTINUE. I called Acer about it and they told me my computer had been hacked and i was screwed but my CIS instructor told me to go about it this way first because it could save me from having to buy a new laptop

PsyKhiqZero said:
    every laptop is different. to remove the motherboard you'll have to rip it apart completely.

This is what it looks like
    http://laptops-motherboard.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=132

why do you need to get it? With all do respect, amateurs with broken laptop motherboards should be looking to buy new laptops.
  4. I would try a new HDD before removing the cmos battery. I know with desktops removing the cmos battery no longer clears bios passwords. However I believe you HDD was encrypted. If there is no important data on it. you can hook the HDD to another pc and perform a low lvl format to try to clear it out.

usually the bottome of the pc has 2 easy access doors. one for memory and another for the HDD. Usually if you look real close they have symbols by the screws you need to remove. usually it's only 1-2 per door.

If your still intent on removing the battery, you'll simply have to remove every screw and pull it apart. I recommend getting a multi sectional tray and keeping the screws relative to their location on the laptop.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Aspire