Voltage flutuations

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I ran prime 95 last night for 8 hours my voltages dropped as a result to 1.31-1.34, My standard voltage is 1.35. I was wondering if this was proper function for this, or is it my PSU? When overvolting it does the same thing.

Solution

You can loop prime 95 till California sinks into the pacific it doesn't change the flux. Higher the voltage you feed the chip greater the vdrop you get. I live with it on my xfx 780i which is one of the worst when it comes to that fact but you can continue to raise the voltage so the lows are still greater than what is needed to keep that cpu stable. You can also go to one extreme by going to best practical cooling that is best for you to help when you begin to push the machine more than you have now.

You can loop prime 95 till California sinks into the pacific it doesn't change the flux. Higher the voltage you feed the chip greater the vdrop you get. I live with it on my xfx 780i which is one of the worst when it comes to that fact but you can continue to raise the voltage so the lows are still greater than what is needed to keep that cpu stable. You can also go to one extreme by going to best practical cooling that is best for you to help when you begin to push the machine more than you have now.

Solution