Sign in with
Your question

New Gygabyte EX58 UD4P wont start

Last response: in Motherboards
May 11, 2009 10:06:39 PM

Assembling new PC WITH I7 PROCESSOR AND ddr 3 MEMORY
Put it all together and wont start, all the lights turn on and the video card and processor fans work but thats all it does.
The lights stay ON and nothing else!!!

Any ideas please?
May 12, 2009 3:38:53 AM

Try with one stick of memory at a time. Maybe you got a bad stick.
May 12, 2009 3:40:33 AM

motoadve said:
Assembling new PC WITH I7 PROCESSOR AND ddr 3 MEMORY
Put it all together and wont start, all the lights turn on and the video card and processor fans work but thats all it does.
The lights stay ON and nothing else!!!

Any ideas please?

I have the same board, and i had the same problem before. but i was able to fix it. let me know your specs. i may be able to help you out.
Related resources
May 12, 2009 11:47:34 AM

It was the memory, we were putting it in the blue slots, changes to the white slots and is fine now.
Thanks
May 13, 2009 11:53:15 PM

How did you fix your problem?
I still have problems, wont let me install Windows Vista, I installed XP and it will reboot itself all the time.
So Im still having problems and cannot make the computer run
May 14, 2009 12:35:01 AM

motoadve said:
How did you fix your problem?
I still have problems, wont let me install Windows Vista, I installed XP and it will reboot itself all the time.
So Im still having problems and cannot make the computer run

I was also putting memory in the wrong slot like you did. Other than that , it is happily running at 3.8.

Make sure cpu is not overheating. test your ram. format the hd. clear the cmos. install os at stock speed. leave everything at stock speed. let me know the progress.
May 14, 2009 4:45:02 PM

I tried all this and still doesnt work it reboots itself when in windows all the time
May 14, 2009 5:20:37 PM

motoadve said:
I tried all this and still doesnt work it reboots itself when in windows all the time

check your psu. if possible, try another psu. how hot is your cpu?
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 15, 2009 11:19:28 PM

Pull your MOBO and verify that your fan/heatsink assembly is completely seated on all four pins, and that you have a proper spread of your heatsink compound; if any pin is partially seated, the CPU temp will soar so quickly, the thermal cutout will appear to kill it instantaneously... Single most common cause of 'put it together & won't work'!
!