Maid stuck in a rut, stuck in a rut...

Has anyone else noticed the maid or houseboy or whatever he is stuck in
a loop while cleaning? He'll take an espresso cup off the counter and
put it in the dish washer, then take another "cup" off the counter and
put it in the dishwasher, ad naseum, for hours. The only way I can get
him to stop is to have one of my Sims interrupt him by tipping, talking
or dismissing him.

--
--Cuth
4 answers Last reply

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Has anyone else noticed the maid or houseboy or whatever he is stuck
    > in a loop while cleaning? He'll take an espresso cup off the
    counter
    > and put it in the dish washer, then take another "cup" off the
    > counter and put it in the dishwasher, ad naseum, for hours. The
    only
    > way I can get him to stop is to have one of my Sims interrupt him by
    > tipping, talking or dismissing him.

    It's a bug. Introduced in the patch, unfortunately.

    Hopefully Maxis will fix it in University...

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Has anyone else noticed the maid or houseboy or whatever he is stuck in
    > a loop while cleaning? He'll take an espresso cup off the counter and
    > put it in the dish washer, then take another "cup" off the counter and
    > put it in the dishwasher, ad naseum, for hours. The only way I can get
    > him to stop is to have one of my Sims interrupt him by tipping, talking
    > or dismissing him.

    It's a bug. Something to do with the espresso machine and the dishwasher.

    Kev

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Has anyone else noticed the maid or houseboy or whatever he is stuck
    > in a loop while cleaning? He'll take an espresso cup off the counter
    > and put it in the dish washer, then take another "cup" off the
    > counter and put it in the dishwasher, ad naseum, for hours. The only
    > way I can get him to stop is to have one of my Sims interrupt him by
    > tipping, talking or dismissing him.

    I had that happen once. Turns out the dishwasher needed repairs.

    Jeanie

    > Has anyone else noticed the maid or houseboy or whatever he is stuck in
    > a loop while cleaning? He'll take an espresso cup off the counter and
    > put it in the dish washer, then take another "cup" off the counter and
    > put it in the dishwasher, ad naseum, for hours. The only way I can get
    > him to stop is to have one of my Sims interrupt him by tipping, talking
    > or dismissing him.

    Yes this just happened to me last night.. My sims maid was
    cleaning the fish tank for like 4+ hours. She just wouldn't
    stop. When he got home from work, he dismissed her on the
    spot and then I just sold the fish tank to avoid the problem ;)

Sims Games Video Games