Converting to Dynamic Disks

I want to convert my disks to "dynamic Disk" and got an dialog that told me
"File systems on any of the disks to be converted will be dismounted. Do you
want to continue this operation?"

I'm not sure what the effect of the files being dismounted is?

Can you offer some suggestions on what the effect of this dismount system
is?

I'm using a "Home System" and the only networking I'm doing is an Ethernet
cable between my laptop and desktop. Both systems have XP Professional.

Thanks....

Bruce A. Julseth

I haven't heard anything on this problem. Is the answer so obvious that no
one wants to bother to answer or so complex no one knows the answer? I don't
believe the answer is yes to either of these questions. Would really
appreciate some help!!

Do you need additional information from me?

thanks....

Bruce

"Bruce A. Julseth" <bruceaj@attglobal.net> wrote in message

> I want to convert my disks to "dynamic Disk" and got an dialog that told
me
> "File systems on any of the disks to be converted will be dismounted. Do
you
> want to continue this operation?"
>
> I'm not sure what the effect of the files being dismounted is?
>
> Can you offer some suggestions on what the effect of this dismount system
> is?
>
> I'm using a "Home System" and the only networking I'm doing is an Ethernet
> cable between my laptop and desktop. Both systems have XP Professional.
>
> Thanks....
>
> Bruce A. Julseth

While your disk is dismounted, it will be unavailable to your applications.
Basically, Windows doesn't want other stuff to mess with your disk while
it's converting it.

In other words, it isn't a big deal.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.