Sign in with
Your question

How to remove XP Home Security??

Last response: in Windows XP
June 3, 2011 5:16:47 PM

I am unable to get the internet nor am I able to access any other programs (basically). I've tried to do a system restore, but it says that the setting has been turned off by a group policy of some sort and that I have to go and contact my domain administrator. Therefore I went into safe mode with command prompt so that I could somehow turn it on but for some reason every time I clicked anything or began typing anything, the keyboard/mouse would freeze. Then I tried going into my computer normally so that I could go and search for the files that the virus installed onto my computer, which didnt work. Next I tried to go into registry editer so I could remove the virus manually, but then it said that it was disabled or something and that I wasnt able to use it (kinda like the system restore). Then I thought it might just be the virus trying to stop me from removing it. So basically I cant do much because the virus (im guessing) is too strong and is not allowing me to do anything. So keep in mind that downloading anything isnt possible until after the virus is removed or strongly weakend. Thank you in advance for any help that I am able to get from you.

More about : remove home security

a b 8 Security
June 3, 2011 5:44:32 PM

Remove the drive from that computer. Install it as an extra data drive in another computer with a good anti-virus program and scan it.

June 8, 2011 4:39:18 PM

That is a really bad virus.
Like I said, don't download free security programs.
Once the computer is fixed, will he do it again?
Related resources
June 10, 2011 3:49:29 AM

If I might suggest...this has bailed me out a couple of times
"Superantispyware" .

It will restore the Restore Function, safe boot mode, etc, and do lots of nice repair stuff when you think you are screwed. GREAT PROGRAM.
http://www.superantispyware.com/
!