Sim Question

Last response: in Network Providers
February 10, 2005 10:14:14 PM

If I take the SIM out of my Nokia 6340i and put it in an unlocked Motorola
V400 will it work? Will Cingular have to do anything to make it work or
will I automatically be able to make/receive calls?
This stuff is all so confusing....
Thanks
Carp

More about : sim question

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:21:46 AM

"Carp" <noonenowhere@spam.net> wrote in message
> If I take the SIM out of my Nokia 6340i and put it in an unlocked Motorola
> V400 will it work? Will Cingular have to do anything to make it work or
> will I automatically be able to make/receive calls?
> This stuff is all so confusing....
> Thanks
> Carp

It should work in any unlocked GSM phone that operates on Cingular's
frequencies of 850Mh and/or 1900Mh, depending on the geographical location.
You don't have to do anything other than insert the SIM and power up.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:43:51 AM

> If I take the SIM out of my Nokia 6340i and put it in an unlocked Motorola
> V400 will it work? Will Cingular have to do anything to make it work or
> will I automatically be able to make/receive calls?
> This stuff is all so confusing....
> Thanks
> Carp

That's it! All you have to do is move the SIM, and it will work where
GSM coverage is available. You will NOT have access to TDMA or analog
coverage with the V400, however.

TH
February 11, 2005 5:43:52 AM

"Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
>> If I take the SIM out of my Nokia 6340i and put it in an unlocked
>> Motorola V400 will it work? Will Cingular have to do anything to make it
>> work or will I automatically be able to make/receive calls?
>> This stuff is all so confusing....
>> Thanks
>> Carp
>
> That's it! All you have to do is move the SIM, and it will work where GSM
> coverage is available. You will NOT have access to TDMA or analog
> coverage with the V400, however.
>
> TH

I would be keeping the 6340i for those times that I need TDMA or analog.

Thanks all for your help.

Carp
February 11, 2005 6:31:08 PM

I'll confirm what everyone else is saying because I asked a similar
question a few days ago. I just transferred the Cingular SIM from my
Nokia 6010 to my Ericsson t68 and it was a no-brainer. Even
automatically moved my address book to the Ericsson.

!