I needed some tombstones and ghosts for a lot I am constructing and so made
about 15 sims of varying ages and genders and left them on the lot until
they were picked off by the reaper. I noticed that the teens died quickest
and the elders lasted the longest (well into a Sim Wednesday). In the two
batches I made, the Sims entered the lot in the morning on Monday, the teens
began dying early Tuesday, followed by the adults, with the elders lasting
until the next day. Was that a coincidence or are the elders the hardiest
of the lot?

"Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
>I needed some tombstones and ghosts for a lot I am constructing and so made
>about 15 sims of varying ages and genders and left them on the lot until
>they were picked off by the reaper. I noticed that the teens died quickest
>and the elders lasted the longest (well into a Sim Wednesday).

It is going to be very hard for you to keep your fridge stocked on that lot.
Starved sims take some units of food out when they haunt and with 15 of them
you might be in for a tough time.

Gareeth

"Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
>I needed some tombstones and ghosts for a lot I am constructing and so made
>about 15 sims of varying ages and genders and left them on the lot until
>they were picked off by the reaper. I noticed that the teens died quickest
>and the elders lasted the longest (well into a Sim Wednesday). In the two
>batches I made, the Sims entered the lot in the morning on Monday, the
>teens began dying early Tuesday, followed by the adults, with the elders
>lasting until the next day. Was that a coincidence or are the elders the
>hardiest of the lot?
Oh my life, and they call me bloodthirsty?
I am afraid I do not know the killing time of individual age groups as I
dispatch my Sims with speed and efficiency and the help of the user boolprop
cheat.
Time to die: about ten seconds on a good day. >8)

What did you do? Put them in cages?

Granny Crabapple - boggling.

chrisb

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2004

Gareeth wrote:
> "Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I needed some tombstones and ghosts for a lot I am constructing and so made
>>about 15 sims of varying ages and genders and left them on the lot until
>>they were picked off by the reaper. I noticed that the teens died quickest
>>and the elders lasted the longest (well into a Sim Wednesday).
>

> It is going to be very hard for you to keep your fridge stocked on that lot.
> Starved sims take some units of food out when they haunt and with 15 of them
> you might be in for a tough time.
>
> Gareeth

Um... They're ghosts. WHY do they raid the fridge?

If the sim starves to death, their ghost raids the fridge. Just like
drowned ghosts leave puddles of water, and electrocuted ghosts shock
themselves.

That may be interesting. I suppose, I can always move the kitchen to the
second floor, or is there a better way to kill sims to have tombstones?
Maybe locking them in a small room and let dirt kill them? Suggestions?

> "Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
>>I needed some tombstones and ghosts for a lot I am constructing and so
>>made about 15 sims of varying ages and genders and left them on the lot
>>until they were picked off by the reaper. I noticed that the teens died
>>quickest and the elders lasted the longest (well into a Sim Wednesday).
>
> It is going to be very hard for you to keep your fridge stocked on that
> lot. Starved sims take some units of food out when they haunt and with 15
> of them you might be in for a tough time.
>
> Gareeth

ali

Nancy Scott wrote:
> That may be interesting. I suppose, I can always move the kitchen to the
> second floor, or is there a better way to kill sims to have tombstones?
> Maybe locking them in a small room and let dirt kill them? Suggestions?
> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I needed some tombstones and ghosts for a lot I am constructing and so
>>>made about 15 sims of varying ages and genders and left them on the lot
>>>until they were picked off by the reaper. I noticed that the teens died
>>>quickest and the elders lasted the longest (well into a Sim Wednesday).
>>
>>It is going to be very hard for you to keep your fridge stocked on that
>>lot. Starved sims take some units of food out when they haunt and with 15
>>of them you might be in for a tough time.
>>
>>Gareeth

You can make them go swimming and then use the "moveobjects on" cheat to
remove the ladder/s and they will eventually drown when they get too
tired. I haven't actually tried it yet myself, but I read about it
somewhere.

Ali

"ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> You can make them go swimming and then use the "moveobjects on" cheat to
> remove the ladder/s and they will eventually drown when they get too
> tired. I haven't actually tried it yet myself, but I read about it
> somewhere.

Drowned ghosts are worse than starved ghosts though. They make a heck of a
mess. I think death by disease ghosts are fairly easy to have around. Some
of them even help with the cleaning. You might want to make soem deadly
viruses. Electrocution works well too. USe the Energizer machine to nearly
kill your sim and then have have them fix stuff.

Gareeth

"Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
>I needed some tombstones and ghosts for a lot I am constructing and so made
>about 15 sims of varying ages and genders and left them on the lot until
>they were picked off by the reaper. I noticed that the teens died quickest
>and the elders lasted the longest (well into a Sim Wednesday). In the two
>batches I made, the Sims entered the lot in the morning on Monday, the
>teens began dying early Tuesday, followed by the adults, with the elders
>lasting until the next day. Was that a coincidence or are the elders the
>hardiest of the lot?

The hunger motive doesn't work the same for those age groups. Teens' hunger
motive empties out faster than adults', which in turn empties faster than
elders, so teens will starve before adults, who will starve before elders.

If there was a way to die that involved peeing all over yourself, you'd find
that elders would drop off way before teens or adults using that method.

I know that traits like a sim's active score affects their hunger motive as
well, but I don't think it makes anywhere near the difference the lifestage
does.

> "ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> You can make them go swimming and then use the "moveobjects on" cheat to
>> remove the ladder/s and they will eventually drown when they get too
>> tired. I haven't actually tried it yet myself, but I read about it
>> somewhere.
>
> Drowned ghosts are worse than starved ghosts though. They make a heck of a
> mess.

Seconded. Drowned ghosts leave puddles all over the place and by my count
one night of haunting left over 35 puddles on the lot. When the puddle
occurs indoors, it's considered a mess, with its regular effect on the room
environment score. When it occurs outside, weeds grow where the puddle was
formed. It's an incredible pain should you be setting up the lot to play
straight one day.

I think death by disease ghosts are fairly easy to have around. Some
> of them even help with the cleaning. You might want to make soem deadly
> viruses. Electrocution works well too. USe the Energizer machine to
> nearly kill your sim and then have have them fix stuff.

I haven't seen anything particularly awful coming from Death-by-flies
ghosts, although I haven't seen them help with the cleaning. (Perhaps they
would, though, seeing as how avoiding that behavior was what got them killed
in the first place) They do complain every now and then, though. Sims who
died by fire don't show any problems beyond being rather surly.

Haven't killed one with a satellite. I'll have to try to get that, although
my one remaining doomed to die sim has managed to avoid electrocution,
disease and fly swarm, and has proven so resilient that I'm now actually
pulling for him (that and he's given birth to an alien daughter and has
shown himself to be a loving single Dad). It'd be a shame to kill him
deliberately now.

Drowning is a possibility. I forgot that. Do you think it would work if
I locked a bunch of them with a fridge, but no sanitation and see if disease
took them? Any better ideas? Variety in death would be nice, but I don't
think I want to mess about with the cheats.
"Admiral DanielSBen" <Admiral_DanielSBen@excite.com> wrote in message
> If the sim starves to death, their ghost raids the fridge. Just like
> drowned ghosts leave puddles of water, and electrocuted ghosts shock
> themselves.

ali

Nancy Scott wrote:
> Drowning is a possibility. I forgot that. Do you think it would work if
> I locked a bunch of them with a fridge, but no sanitation and see if disease
> took them? Any better ideas? Variety in death would be nice, but I don't
> think I want to mess about with the cheats.
> "Admiral DanielSBen" <Admiral_DanielSBen@excite.com> wrote in message
>
>>If the sim starves to death, their ghost raids the fridge. Just like
>>drowned ghosts leave puddles of water, and electrocuted ghosts shock
>>themselves.

You could make them eat food that's gone bad. They can get sick from
that too. Then don't let them rest and they'll die from disease.

Ali

"ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> You can make them go swimming and then use the "moveobjects on" cheat to
> remove the ladder/s and they will eventually drown when they get too
> tired. I haven't actually tried it yet myself, but I read about it
> somewhere.
>
> Ali

Tut! No style. With a bit of crafty user-cheat manipulation of the sliders
you can have them do a dive and be dead before they hit the water.
Now that has class! 8))))

And how about having someone starve to death while sitting on the toilet?
Just keep them weeing... and on, and on, and on.... Which will be the most
urgent need, to empty the bladder, take in food or sleep? Sure as hell
wouldn't be 'meet someone new.'
I must try it sometime.

Granny, the sweet and kind.

> Drowning is a possibility. I forgot that. Do you think it would work
> if I locked a bunch of them with a fridge, but no sanitation and see if
> disease took them? Any better ideas? Variety in death would be nice, but
> I don't think I want to mess about with the cheats.

Then your poor Sims will die slowly and painfully and I hope they haunt your
dreams.
At least let them go out quickly, like in a blaze of glory.

Quickest without cheats must be the 'watch clouds' option.
One second finding faces in the sky, the next, SPLAT! Gone.
Almost kind....

Granny. 8)

Admiral DanielSBen wrote:
> If the sim starves to death, their ghost raids the fridge. Just like
> drowned ghosts leave puddles of water, and electrocuted ghosts shock
> themselves.

Mine never actually take anything out of the fridge, athough the Prima
guide said they would. They just open it up and poke around in
there as though it were empty. I'd love to see them take out the
five trays of food the Prima guide said they would, even though it
would be a pain to deal with.

Laura

> "ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> You can make them go swimming and then use the "moveobjects on" cheat to
>> remove the ladder/s and they will eventually drown when they get too
>> tired. I haven't actually tried it yet myself, but I read about it
>> somewhere.
>
> Drowned ghosts are worse than starved ghosts though. They make a heck of a
> mess. I think death by disease ghosts are fairly easy to have around. Some
> of them even help with the cleaning.

What ? !!!!

You might want to make soem deadly
> viruses.

I have never worked out how to do this. My Sims make virii (whoo, get her!)
but nobody else has come along and eaten them up. Do they have to be sick,
first?

Granny.

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> I have never worked out how to do this. My Sims make virii (whoo, get
> her!) but nobody else has come along and eaten them up. Do they have to be
> sick, first?

Well they should be able to catch it from the Sim who made it and then you
can just rest up the Sims you actually like.

Gareeth

You don't see it. But the fridge does get emptier.

MM

> "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> I have never worked out how to do this. My Sims make virii (whoo, get
>> her!) but nobody else has come along and eaten them up. Do they have to
>> be sick, first?
>>
> Well they should be able to catch it from the Sim who made it and then you
> can just rest up the Sims you actually like.

Err catch what??? You will have to start at the begining. My Sim makes a
virus, puts it on the side and has no other options, just leave it there
or.. I think I had delete/flog it to the masses, or something.

So what do I have to do to use a virus or medicine? I get fed up of trying
to do anything other than sell them.

Granny.

Madame Mim wrote:
> You don't see it. But the fridge does get emptier.
>
> MM
>

> "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Admiral DanielSBen wrote:
>>
>>>If the sim starves to death, their ghost raids the fridge. Just like
>>>drowned ghosts leave puddles of water, and electrocuted ghosts shock
>>>themselves.
>>>

>>Mine never actually take anything out of the fridge, athough the Prima
>>guide said they would. They just open it up and poke around in
>>there as though it were empty. I'd love to see them take out the
>>five trays of food the Prima guide said they would, even though it
>>would be a pain to deal with.
>>
>>Laura

Ah, ok, that makes sense--I just never thought to check!

Laura

> Err catch what??? You will have to start at the begining. My Sim makes a
> virus, puts it on the side and has no other options, just leave it there
> or.. I think I had delete/flog it to the masses, or something.
>
> So what do I have to do to use a virus or medicine? I get fed up of trying
> to do anything other than sell them.

Sometimes when you make a virus or a medicine the Sim making it comes down
with a horrible mystery illness.

Gareeth

> "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> I have never worked out how to do this. My Sims make virii (whoo, get
>> her!) but nobody else has come along and eaten them up. Do they have to
>> be sick, first?
>>
> Well they should be able to catch it from the Sim who made it and then you
> can just rest up the Sims you actually like.

No, no, I meant... Just a minute, does the very act of making a virus infect
a Sim?
I have made them and nothing at all was offered or happened.

And I have been informed, jeeringly, that virii is wrong, and pretentious.
Well, that's told me. 8(

Granny.

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[really wild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
message news:HULNd.9386$8B3.6492@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

> No, no, I meant... Just a minute, does the very act of making a virus
> infect a Sim?
> I have made them and nothing at all was offered or happened.

It's random. I seem to have them get they mystery illness quite a bit even
when making medicines. I have my fortune sims make medicine a lot though and
sometimes just for kicks viruses.

Gareeth

Miriam Webster Online

Main Entry: vi·rus
Pronunciation: 'vI-r&s
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, venom, poisonous emanation; akin to Greek ios poison,
Sanskrit visa; in senses 2 & 4, from New Latin, from Latin
1 archaic : VENOM 1
2 a : the causative agent of an infectious disease b : any of a large group
of submicroscopic infective agents that are regarded either as extremely
simple microorganisms or as extremely complex molecules, that typically
contain a protein coat surrounding an RNA or DNA core of genetic material
but no semipermeable membrane, that are capable of growth and multiplication
only in living cells, and that cause various important diseases in humans,
lower animals, or plants; also : FILTERABLE VIRUS c : a disease caused by a
virus
3 : something that poisons the mind or soul <the force of this virus of
prejudice -- V. S. Waters>
4 : a computer program usually hidden within another seemingly innocuous
program that produces copies of itself and inserts them into other programs
and that usually performs a malicious action (as destroying data)

If it's latin the plural has to be virii - only the English use the same
word for one and many of something - sheep.

MM

> If it's latin the plural has to be virii - only the English use the same
> word for one and many of something - sheep.
>
> MM

You really do not want to get involved in this argument. I was battered with
declinations. I then had the Big Oxford Dictionary thrown at me.
If you look it up in etymology some sites have Latin pundits arguing about
it like mad. They approve of virus, as both sing and plural. Viruses, if you
are pushed. Virii... 8(((( Only if you can prove it is used in something
like a second declination of past history with bells on and the moon is
full.

By the way... The son is picking up my Athlon Inside at eight tomorrow
morning.
This is sensible, as he can poke about and download any BIOS flashes without
having to keep changing boards round every five minutes.

I have also been told off for not refering to the BIOS as 'software'. And
tutted at for .. He asked 'did you change your jumper?'
'No,' I told him. 'I wouldn't risk fiddling with the hardware if....'
'Breaking the habit of a lifetime, huh?'

I really, really, really think I have had enough of people telling me I am a
nincompoop for today.
So I might be gone for some time. Especially as he is off to Sheffield on
Wednesday. Perhaps it will all be done and back here by tomorrow night?

Yes, I know, I am a nincompoop. 8(((

Granny.