GTA IV SLI q's

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Hey,

I just recently picked up the game (I wanted to wait a while until all the bugs got fixed), and I just want to know what I have to do to get it running at its best!

I've already got the 180.84 Nvidia driver (is there a newer better 1?)

Also, I read that I can change the .exe file to disable the graphics limitations...how can this be done?

And finally, is SLI fully supported? when I do a benchmark the result doesn't say that I'm runnin SLI, it only says I have 1 Nvidia 8800GT :s

Also, If anyone's got a few good advices I'd really appreciate them

Thx in advance

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
What speeds are you running your Q6600? If it's stock you'll notice a nice improvement if you OC it to say 3.2Ghz or more. just make sure you have a decent cooler. GTA IV is very CPU intensive.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Ye, its OC to 3Ghz, I couldn't go above that for some reason, I think its my ram..

Anyway, my new dilema is that I want to:

"add [ -nomemrestrict -norestrictions -novblank -texturequality 2 -percentvidmem 100 ] to Launchgtaiv.exe NOT gtaiv.exe (and run as administrator w/ disable visual theme's...

These r the steps described by som1 who "unbinded" his vram limitations...everyone on that site seems to understand what to do except me LOL
http://forums.slizone.com/index.php?showtopic=30807

If any1 can understand the steps described here and explain, that would be a great help :p

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Aight, so I'm basicaly trying to modify the config files and somehow "paste" it on a file called launchGTAiv.exe....

Any1 have anyt ideas how I can do this??