Sign in with
Your question

Additional Fans for CM-690

Last response: in Components
March 26, 2009 7:18:35 AM

I recently got a CM-690 computer case along with a i7 920, 750 watt Thermaltake Toughpowr psu and the asus p6t deluxe motherboard. The case came with three built in fans and as you might know has room for 4-5 more fans. I am a bit confused where to plug in those additional fans. I may have missed something but seems like I can plug three fans directly on to the motherboard. Would I need to plug the rest of the fans directly into the psu? Is there any disadvantage over having fans plugged directly into the psu rather than the motherboard? I was thinking about getting a fan controller but was not sure whether it would be worth it or not.

Build:
Core i7 920
NOCTUA NH-U12P SE1366
Ati Radeon 4870 1gb
6GB DDR3 1600
640gb WD caviar
240gb Segate hd
dvd rw
750 watt Thermaltake Toughpower.

Thanks.

More about : additional fans 690

March 26, 2009 12:48:40 PM

well you could try using splitters to double up your available power sources,

to get the best level of control over the fans id say a fan controller is your best bet,

i have a zalman mfc1plus which gives me 6 dial controls for 6 fans or more if i use splitters, but only two of those are linked back into the motheroard so i can monitor their speeds.

you need to decide whether you want a digital one which shows you the rpm speeds on a lcd but probably less individual controls or more controls and no display.
March 26, 2009 12:59:36 PM

thanks for the reply, I will try plugging in rest of fans directly into the psu. Not worried about them running full speed all the time, going to see if I can get a decent fan controller later.
!