Sign in with
Your question

Unlocking Phenom 555

Last response: in Overclocking
June 4, 2010 12:21:31 PM

Hello, I would like to know how to unlock the four cores os the phenom 555, becouse some people tell me that it is just to put up tha Vcore, and others tell me that you just need to change some configurations on the BIOS. Thanks.
Obs: Until how much overclock those the BOX cooler stand ond the x4?

More about : unlocking phenom 555

a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
June 4, 2010 12:29:24 PM

You need a motherboard that supports core unlocking, if you have one you just enable it in the bios. You only need to increase the voltage if the system is unstable with the cores unlocked.
m
l
June 4, 2010 12:40:04 PM

Ok... I wold use the Asrock A790GXH/128M does it accept?
m
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
June 4, 2010 1:00:53 PM

I think so, look for a setting in the bios
m
l
June 9, 2010 3:08:10 PM

ajinomoto123 said:
Hello, I would like to know how to unlock the four cores os the phenom 555, becouse some people tell me that it is just to put up tha Vcore, and others tell me that you just need to change some configurations on the BIOS. Thanks.

i have the same cpu.i found out that under acc in the bios,ok now bear with me because i cant type to well.the cores will be listed 0,1,2,3.i couldnt unlock both 2 and 3.by pure luck,i decided to just try core 3 and it worked.i left it at that until i got better cooling other than stock.now that i have a corsair h50 installed all 3 cores run rock solid at around 3.6 at 1.4volts.try doing that.and as always when your in the bios,make 1 change at a time so know where you problem is.and let me know how it goes because im interested
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 4, 2010 3:03:25 AM

ajinomoto123 said:

The forums on the 550 BE are a good source of info. They are essentially the same as the 555, except that the 555 has C3 architecture.
When in doubt, read your mobo manual BIOS chapters. You can download the latest from the manufacturers site.
m
l
!