Rollback feature for Windows XP

wandskm

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Hello,
what's up with this rollback feature? I can't download any games. How can I fix this? thanks for your help!

wandskm

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
well, actually, I am not being vague. I tried to download a game on Pogo (I believe it was 13th Skull) and it started to load and then it stopped and the dialog box said it could not be installed because of the rollback feature. Please don't be nasty because that's all the information I have to give. I need help with this and thought you could help. Can you help?

Yes, I am trying to help! Sometimes things do not come across well in plain ext :)

OK, go back to Pogo, download a game again, and if you get the error please write down the exact message. The reason I have asked for that is the wording of the error message is VERY important because many Windows errors are similar. At this point the problem could be with Windows, or your browser, or Java, or even something I have not yet thought of!

Runt1099

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I get the same thing in Google Chrome, Foxfire, Internet explorer...trying to download Game on Ingredigames After it starts to download the game, it stops and the box pops up w/the error ... It states:

Game Setup
Installation Aborted

Installation aborted. All installed components were removed via the rollback feature.

Oberon Media Inc.

thanks....rara

It means the installer didn't like something in your system and aborted the install, deleting/restoring everything it changed so you aren't left with a partially installed program and a lot of junk on your drive.

Send them an email thanking them for such a friendly feature and ask what the system requirements are for that game.

Runt1099

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

tigsounds ~ Thanks for the info & I will do just that. I really appreciate you and all that you do! Have a blessed & awesome day and weekend!! Thanks again!! :)

bthorman

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
we actually had a game installed and, somehow it got uninstalled or deleted. when we tried to reinstall we got that message. So far, no one has been able to help us and I know the game runs just fine on our system (if we could only get it reinstalled)!