Sign in with
Your question

Which direction should the CPU fan blow the hot air?

Last response: in Components
March 26, 2009 10:48:54 AM

Is it good for my CPU fan to blow the hot air toward the PSU?

Here is the photo of the inside of the computer: http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/cerbere1564/?a...

If I turn it the other way, it would be blowing the hot air toward the video card.

Is it ok the way it is set up?

a b à CPUs
March 26, 2009 10:54:55 AM

normally the hot air would blow up or back.
a b à CPUs
March 26, 2009 10:55:53 AM

And I also think it's about time you upgrade that rear case fan!
Related resources
March 26, 2009 11:03:28 AM

I think you should lose the rear fan as it is dosturbing the airflow inside your case. Make sure the CPU blows towards the PSU.
a b à CPUs
March 26, 2009 11:44:54 AM

^NO, NOT to the PSU, that's the old way with cheap cr@ppy cases! It should blow to the rear fan. And the rear fan should be an exhaust fan, like said above probably should get a quiet 120mm fan like a Yate Loon or Scthe.

@OP: What is that case? It looks pretty cramped.
March 26, 2009 12:06:45 PM

Shadow703793 said:
^NO, NOT to the PSU, that's the old way with cheap cr@ppy cases! It should blow to the rear fan. And the rear fan should be an exhaust fan, like said above probably should get a quiet 120mm fan like a Yate Loon or Scthe.

@OP: What is that case? It looks pretty cramped.

The case is a RAIDMAX Tordano (Not great at all), and I cannot get the CPU fan to blow toward the back as it is too wide...
a c 78 à CPUs
March 26, 2009 7:32:51 PM

+1 mi1ez. I would upgrade that 80mm fan with a nice 120mm fan. I looks like your case is setup to handle a bigger rear fan.

I have the same CPU cooler and the directions show for the fan to below the air out of the back of the case. Looking at your picture the cooler should be rotated counter clockwise. I had this cooler in a Thermaltake M9, which was a very tight fit between the PSU and cooler but I was able to make it work (millimeters away from the PSU).
!