Kicha

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
My speaker's aren't working.I used to use the monitor speakers as I dont have the normal ones.They used to work properly until the computer crashed.I got it fixed and every thing alse expet the audio part is working.I tried connecting my head phone but it still doesn't work.what should I do?And what the heck are sound cards.I saw thet term a lot of times while searching on the net for answers.We have been trying to fix this problem for over 2 months.A little help or advise will be very much appreciated. :)

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Honestly
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=what+is+a+sound+card

The problem will be either with the hardware (bad) or with the software (annoying).

If the hardware is broken you'll have to replace it (bad).
If the software has gone mental you'll have to reinstall things (annoying)
Its hard to tell where the problem is so lets start with the things we can do.

Things plugged into the right place? The output typically is green coloured.

Uninstall the sound drivers, down load the latest versions from the manufactures website and then reinstall them. If you’ve no idea what I’m going on about cos you’re new to this head on over to you tube and watch 1001 videos about how to fix your PC or something.

Kicha

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
The "audio device on high definition audio bus" is yellow.I clicked on it.And it said that i had to reinstall my driver.I clicked on that option and something went wrong.It doesn't work.What should I do?

mamw93

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
It is going to be software since it worked before... then a crash... then nothing. Try going into the Device Manager and resetting the drivers for the audio.

112inky

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009

A sound card (also known as an audio card) is a computer expansion card that facilitates the input and output of audio signals to/from a computer under control of computer programs. Typical uses of sound cards include providing the audio component for multimedia applications such as music composition, editing video or audio, presentation/education, and entertainment (games). Many computers have sound capabilities built in, while others require additional expansion cards to provide for audio capability...... :) :)