Screan Flashes on desktop.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i am useing a GF8200A motherboard by ECS and im on intergrated graphics. when i move my mouse to the top of the screan the screan flickers alot until i move it away. very strange. everything was fine until i attempted a CPU overclock but i did not keep the overclock becasue i got that problem. i uped the FSB from 200 to 216 then to 214 then 212 and it all flicked. now at 200 the default it still does it. did i break something or is it just a couincedence. orthos shows my CPU is fine so im thinkg its a video card problem. my refresh rate is at 75htz and resoulution is at 1024 by 768 pixels. im using a dell CRT monitor (old kind) the only thing i messed with in overclocking was the CPU frequence and now its back at 200. im at a loss

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i ended up rebooting and going into windows 7 beta (i was in xp home) and everything seamed fine. so im back in xp and the problem seams to be fixed? no flshing... or anything. what could have caused the problem

Bobby Bubblehead

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
When overclocking goes A bit wrong it sometimes corrupts data so it may have been something in the OS at driver level. But to be honest its anybodies guess. Overclocking the CPU still overclocks everything else on the board theres all kinds of clamps and multipliers to fiddle with if the PCI bus wasnt clamped then you may have jolted your on board graphics slightly.