Sign in with
Your question

Games crash when installing drivers.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 23, 2009 7:38:57 PM

Well, this is very odd. It started on New years Eve, I put in a second video card, and a new processor. I updated BIOS, everything was good. Then I played games for a while, then updated drivers that same day. Every game crashed when I tried to play it. It was odd. So I system restored and played games with the same drivers. Today new drivers came out so I tried them, and guess what? GAMES CRASH AGAIN! This is annoying. Is there any way to fix this without system restore? I wanna get new drivers >:|

I have 2 8800GT's in SLI, an E8500

all stock clock speeds, maybe my BIOS is messed up? I don't know what the problem is!
January 23, 2009 7:52:03 PM

No one knows? :C
January 23, 2009 8:50:05 PM

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)-download-1655.html
Get over to guru 3d and download Drive Sweeper that should purge your collection of driver bits and give it a last chane on your current OS.
I would personaly re-install the OS with the new toys pluged in, because you will get much better performance from a clean install with the new bits.
As apposed to confusing your current OS with what it considers slight of hand.
Everything at driver level wont quite be situated right at the moment.
And myself I preffer not to use system restore because its never proved much of a result with anyone I think.
Get familliar with re-installs thats the way of the PC ;) 
January 23, 2009 10:11:47 PM

Bobby Bubblehead said:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)-download-1655.html
Get over to guru 3d and download Drive Sweeper that should purge your collection of driver bits and give it a last chane on your current OS.
I would personaly re-install the OS with the new toys pluged in, because you will get much better performance from a clean install with the new bits.
As apposed to confusing your current OS with what it considers slight of hand.
Everything at driver level wont quite be situated right at the moment.
And myself I preffer not to use system restore because its never proved much of a result with anyone I think.
Get familliar with re-installs thats the way of the PC ;) 

If I re installed my OS, and my drivers still don't work, I'd be completely screwed.
Related resources
!