Speedfan Temperature Accuracy?

kykartracer

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
I have downloaded Speedfan 4.37 onto my computer. I was wondering how accurate the temperature readings are on it. I was getting 60*C for my video card at idle, 75*C+ at load. I installed a liquid cooling unit on the card and it is now running at 44*C at idle and 52* at load. That is a nice drop as long as the readings are accurate and yes, this is the "Inferno" of a video card..aka BFG 8800 GTX OC, lol. This thing has ran hot ever since I bought it and already fried two because they run at such high temperatures.

Also, on my other temps at idle here is what I get:

System: -10*C
CPU: 29*C
AUX: 32*C
HD0: 36*C
Core 0: 33*C
Core 1: 26*C
Core 2: 24*C
Core 3: 30*C
Core: 44*C

I know the Core 0, 1, 2, 3 are for the CPU core temps and the Core is for the video card. I am assuming HD0 is the hard drive and CPU is the average CPU temperature. What are System and AUX for? Do these readings look normal?

Thanks in advance.

Bobby Bubblehead

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
My q66 and GTX280 where running a little hotter than that on water cooled
I wonderd at one point when I played about with speedfan if it was right I think there may be some kind of offset to tjunct to adjust in accordence with your CPU -10 i think it was with my q66
I double checked temp stuff by downloading everest ultimate its actually got a handy sidebar gadget you can configure which makes it great for keeping an eye on stuff why your messing (good on a dual monitor you can watch your GPU burn to death why you play crysis LOL)